Sign in to follow this  
Potato

Worth fixing my e30 320i? (needs new radiator and chassis straightenin

Hey guys,

So my e30 has been out of action for a while now. It was in a minor incident which it was hit just to the right of the number plate. While the damage looks minor, unfortunately the radiator is stuffed and it has been pushed back about 50mm so now the radiator is too close to the block.

I got a quote to get it fixed but it was gonna be at least $1k+ to replace the radiator and straighten out the front right corner, which is a bit too much for me since I only payed $2k for the car (it's in perfect condition apart from this and low k's)

So I was just wondering if it's worth getting it fixed or just selling it for parts? If someone knows someone who could fix this on the cheap, please let me know!

Cheers

Hey guys,

So my e30 has been out of action for a while now. It was in a minor incident which it was hit just to the right of the number plate. While the damage looks minor, unfortunately the radiator is stuffed and it has been pushed back about 50mm so now the radiator is too close to the block.

I got a quote to get it fixed but it was gonna be at least $1k+ to replace the radiator and straighten out the front right corner, which is a bit too much for me since I only payed $2k for the car (it's in perfect condition apart from this and low k's)

So I was just wondering if it's worth getting it fixed or just selling it for parts? If someone knows someone who could fix this on the cheap, please let me know!

Cheers

It is always worth saving an E30, esp. if it is in good order and low k's. There are plenty of guys on here who have parts available.

if the chassis is bent probably not worth repairing, but if its limited to the bolt on parts, bumper/gaurd/front valance and the radiator, its worth fixing probably. you could get all that for way less than 1k, and its very straight forward to bolt on/off on these cars, no fancy tools required etc.

the business savy person would buy a toast E30 for $300, take the bits they need and sell the rest to a scrap yard for close on the same amount