Sign in to follow this  
qube

2010 M3 facelift not not "taillift" ?

maybe i dont understand this properly, but i thought from about 2009 the e90 models got a facelift (grilles) and taillights updated? but this car has front updated but taillights are not? strange?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-478424327.htm

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162702

The E90 M3 had exactly the same front end throughout production and the face lift did not change the front at all, the rear end was updated but not at the same time as the rest of the E90 range, from what I can see it must have been later in 2010 meaning only some of our 2011 models would have received the newer rear end.

Seeing the all M cars are built on a different program and feature different parts, wider fenders, bumpers etc to the rest of the range it is not uncommon for a M-Car to miss facelift features at first or all together as often it is uneconomical to re tool the platform for the small amount of cars sold, a perfect example is the BMW E30 M3 that ran a pre facelift body all the way through.

Hope that help explain. :)

ahh alright, i was wondering why it had the updated front but not the rear, it makes sense now..

:)

I know for a fact that that car was a pre-production and is the first of the M3's - it was bought by Cooke Howlison and somehow able to be sold new (back in 2010)