Sign in to follow this  
Gunner

Draytek Vigor 120 Setup! -- Need Help

Hi,

Thought I'd ask here as I know some people work in the networking industry.

Basically I've bought a Draytek Vigor 120 as I've read quite a lot of great reviews and the improved speeds with this modem so I decided to take the plunge and buy one myself.

At the moment I haven't bought a wireless router yet (planning on getting one and running Tomato Firmware on it) so at the moment I've just plugged in the default Huawei (Vodafone) router into it.

At the moment it connects to the net fine. speeds about the same or just above using the Huawei as the modem.

I was seeing if I can set it up in bridge mode with the Huawei Handling everything or can this only be done with a dedicated wireless router?

Below are the current settings with it working on the net.

From what I've read online I need to:

Set PPPoe/PPPoa client to disable.

Protocol to PPPoe

and tick PPPoe Pass-through

Not sure what to do after that? Im sure some others probably have used the draytek as their modem but Im a bit stumped.

Cheers

post-4775-1339990490.jpg

Edited by Gunner

Hi There

Probably for now it's easiest to just run the Default Vodafone line until you actually buy a dedicated wireless router. I've had to deal with the Vodafone routers at work recently, and I'm pretty sure they can't do what you're wanting them to do.

As for a Tomato router, I'd recommend a Asus RT-N16 (I run one :P) Unless you know of a dual band 5GHz router that is compatible with Tomato. Though better check first if Tomato actually supports dual band 5GHz... a quick check says that last year it didn't...

Good luck

thanks, decided to revert back to the stock vodafone one for now.

Yup was looking at that router as well. A mate of mine has one and said its pretty decent so I think I might go for it. Just need to save some money to get it, Not the cheapest thing.

Oh, I cannot read.

To get the HUAWUAGEHGE to play nice,

Disable DHCP on the Draytek, set it's IP to 192.168.x.2 (so it's higher than the router) then plug it into any port.

(set the ip first lulz)

on the highawghagi router set it so it won't give out IP's below 192.168.x.10 and make the router 192.168.x.1 for the share hell of it.

I'd say the vodafone thing might not be configurable enough to work. Personally would have bought a nice Linksys or even a TPLink all in one setup.

Edited by antil33t