Sign in to follow this  
nz320i

Funny Idle almost dying Auto?? :huh:

My aauto ( trying to get a manual) is almost stalling when i tap thw acc pedal sometimes, if the lights are on they dimmer right down and wondered if anyone else has experienced this prob??

the revs just drop way under idle and the car almost dies? any help on this or finding helping me get my 320i manual would be sweeet!

Thanks.

Chris, chch 320i facelift '88

post-6-1121597148.jpg

Welcome the the enigma that is the M20B20 engine :wacko:

Your problem could be anything but it's probably just the fuel mix being off. Could be too rich or too lean. Got pod? Mine does this also but only since I put in a different chip that altered my mix and timing.

If you've got an erractic idle that's also normal with the b20 but if it's wildly erratic then you might have a vacuum leak so give your intake a good checking over (see maintenance threads) and perhaps a clean out.

Perhaps you may just need a service? Get new filters, oil, and spark plugs.

The lights dimming is just the alternator not putting out enough jus.

Edited by ///Carl

awesome cheers yeah i need a cam blet done anyway so might do the lot at one, as im not sure when the spark plugs and leads were done if ever!

my car did a similiar thing, but stalled everywhere (very embarrasing)

there is a little motor that keeps the revs up for when air-conditioning is on (dont know the name), it sounds like that has spat the dummy. Since I dont have aircon I dont need it. I just have the throttle slightly on to provide the same effect.

hope this helps in any way.

Edited by Munts316i