Sign in to follow this  
samjarvis1987@gmail.com

E46 323i 2000

Hi guys.

Just thought I’d introduce myself and my car.

Bought my first beamer several months ago (actually my first car too). She is an E46 323sei 2000, and I flew up to Hamilton to buy her, and drove her back to Wellington. Wasn’t the easiest drive back as she had been sitting in a garage for a few years, so I got a flat battery in Hamilton and had to stay a few more days up – luckily I met a chick while I was up there and she just so happened to have a car battery charger…what are the odds?

post-16999-1341377845.jpeg post-16999-1341377813.jpg

Can't seem to upload any better pics, so these are the ones provided to me pre-purchase...

So a bit about the car;

Manual – was searching for a good half a year to find a decent bmw in a manual

Done 60,000 miles

Silver with black side bits

Grey cloth interior

UK import, so all the dials are in miles and gallons

All factory standard

18†M-spec wheels with low profile tyres - don’t know too much yet about cars, but getting there. But they look mint.

Have been doing her up ever since I’ve got her, bit by bit, a lot of time wasted and a bit of money spent. I bought and installed the following;

iPod wiring kit links into the factory standard headunit so everything is standard still – wire comes out under the armrest

Sub in the boot tunnel sub linked it into the existing cd changer (had the wires but no cd changer – accessory cable) wires so install wasn’t too hard, espesh with the battery in the boot

Black leather seats bought some seats off trademe and got them shipped down from Auckland, install was pretty easy, but unfortunately the seats weren’t in very good nick – have had them repaired by an amazing leather upholsterer

Replaced the grey arm rest, hand break cover and rear speaker covers with black ones

Took apart 4 black door cards to get to the inserts have installed 2 of them on my rear doors – took a while, but after a lot of drilling and 72 screws later the inserts were switched over.

Have taken photos of all the changes and will provide more information in the DIY sections etc.

Next few items on my list are to;

Replace my manual gear stick cover with a black one – I can’t seem to find anywhere that will sell them for cheap except BMW and that ain't cheap.

Restore the fabric black door card inserts – the foam has come away and the glue has come unstuck. Have found a guy who will replace them with leather ones for a very reasonable price as long as I prep them.

Lower the car – have looked at eibach kits mostly (pro and sprotline), and still unsure what I’m going to do. No rush here though – may aswell do it right the first time.

But so far it’s been a mean ride, love the car and the way it looks and handles.

Look forward to participating in the forum and discussing stuff.

Thanks guys,

Sam, out.

Gotta love those Hamilton chicks... Nice one dude.

nice. welcome to the forum. Always good to get another wtgn bimmersporter!

Q: where did you get your seat re-done? and how much?

(thinking of the same thing)

Welcome - great 1st car - need some more photos - who did your upholstery

Yeah I'll try stick some more up - all the ones I have, seem to be too big to put up, and they have to be hosted online too... But I think I've found out how to resize them well, but the test will be below hah.

Guy called Paul Jones (owner/operator) from Fibrenew did em aye (0274500526) - I think they're nationwide, but this guy works in Wellington. Real friendly guy, checked them out first, gave me a good quote, then picked em up the next week and had em back to me in a few days.

Check it;

post-16999-1341469100.jpg

To this

post-16999-1341468714.jpg

Pretty amazing huh?

Good choice - Like the keeping it original approach

Yeah all my mates keep telling me to get aftermarket stuff in it, but I've resisted so far. I'm kinda keen to retrofit a few things (angel lights, MF steering wheel) but pretty happy with everything atm.

Welcome, I like the wheels on your ride.

Drive safe! :)

-Andy

Yeah hah I was more than happy they came on those wheels. I mean, I see a lot of beamers every day (especially E46s) but not one yet with the same wheels as mine - ideal hah!

nice. welcome to the forum. Always good to get another wtgn bimmersporter!

Q: where did you get your seat re-done? and how much?

(thinking of the same thing)

Guy called Paul Jones (owner/operator) from Fibrenew did em aye (0274500526) - I think they're nationwide, but this guy works in Wellington. Real friendly guy, checked them out first, gave me a good quote ($500), then picked em up the next week and had em back to me in a few days.

Check it;

post-16999-1341469557.jpg

and this

post-16999-1341469678.jpg

To this

post-16999-1341469567.jpg

and this

post-16999-1341469590.jpg

Pretty amazing huh?

Gotta love those Hamilton chicks... Nice one dude.

Haha yeah bro, got a room to stay for a couple of nights too. European batteries aren't cheap though, car set me back ~$!50 in the first week...

Haha yeah bro, got a room to stay for a couple of nights too. European batteries aren't cheap though, car set me back ~$!50 in the first week...

Update: it was $285... wow, didn't remember it being that much.