Sign in to follow this  
allan

Dead end wires

Can some one tell me what these wires are for they stop on the inside of the window moldings covered with some sealant. post-1581-1341553574.jpg post-1581-1341553610.jpg Had to remove the door cards and found them they are white with a black trace and feel flat rather than round. Thank you

I'd imagine they go inside the moulding, and are connected to the window stop sensors. If you push on the moulding while the window is going up, it should stop and go down a certain distance.

The electric window safety overload sensor

Designed to detect a hand or foot or nexk trapped between window and door edge when window is going up

Thank you for that thought it might have been a heating element for the window or like. Do they work on pressure/ resistance i.e hand jammed in between window frame and glass it apply's pressure to hand as it travels up and sensors picks up pressure tells window motor stop and reverse down.

Thank you for that thought it might have been a heating element for the window or like. Do they work on pressure/ resistance i.e hand jammed in between window frame and glass it apply's pressure to hand as it travels up and sensors picks up pressure tells window motor stop and reverse down.

Stick your hand through the open window and then hit the one touch auto up for that window. (the door needs to be closed) The window should hit your arm and then go back down a little. (Disclaimer: dont blame me if you chop your arm off)

I did not know the car had this feature until the dealer I bought the car off had to replace the wing mirror. When they put the door card back on the crossed the Tweeter and safety plugs (they both have the same type of plug) The tweeter would not work and the window would not auto up (coz it thought something was jammed in the window)