Sign in to follow this  
qube

e39 vs e60

for the e39, i would go for a 530 or 540 motorsport hopefully 2002 but maybe 2001..

for e60, probably get around 2005 530 non motorsport.

i know the e39 would be a nicer car with motorsport extras but is the e60 a good car?

price wise, e39 would be around $10-16k whereas the e60 might be $20-26k (roughly)

is the e60 easy to get parts for and repair?

thanks

The earlier cheaper ones did have their share of problems, but seen a E60 2003 530i here in Dunedin NZ New, towbar, 105kms nice car for 21k

IMO the extra 4k would be worth it but try to get a warranty.

It is a natural progression for any car manufacture to change and hopefully improve on the model before it each has it's own character good and bad points etc etc.

At the end of the day it depends on your taste in cars what is it going to be used for, how much are you prepared to spend to purchase it and then on going maintenance, mechanically minded, like to tinker and fix things, have a talent for electronic's, sound systems and more. These are all good talents if you decide to own a late model beemer as the electronic's in most of them now almost cancels out the average guy from doing mods to them with out it costing the national debt. Do your research on each model and then see what best suits your requirements and pocket.

I just went through this same process for a 3 series. In the end I decided that an E90 was worth the extra $5k over an E46 in the long run and actually managed to get an NZ new 320 diesel in excellent shape with low kms.