Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

E30 glovebox latch

ive changed a latch hundreds of time before and dealt with the different key, but how hard is it to swap the barrel so it matches my ignition and door key? can it even be done?

when you pull the handle out it locks there when the glove box is open or shut making it unopenable untill you put the key in. like the handle actually chills diagonal pointing out. this cannot be avoided in any key position. if anyone knows how to fix that so i dont have to get a new latch it would be good please! have hardly any E30 spares at my abode these days.

ive changed a latch hundreds of time before and dealt with the different key, but how hard is it to swap the barrel so it matches my ignition and door key? can it even be done?

when you pull the handle out it locks there when the glove box is open or shut making it unopenable untill you put the key in. like the handle actually chills diagonal pointing out. this cannot be avoided in any key position. if anyone knows how to fix that so i dont have to get a new latch it would be good please! have hardly any E30 spares at my abode these days.

It's busted, mine did the same, you will need a new latch. Changing the barrel over is ridiculously straight forward, I think it's 2 screws. Can't believe you've never done it TBH, it's easy as.

It's busted, mine did the same, you will need a new latch. Changing the barrel over is ridiculously straight forward, I think it's 2 screws. Can't believe you've never done it TBH, it's easy as.

sweet. iirc its two to remove the whole latch, im guessing there is a further two?

cheers for the reply

sweet. iirc its two to remove the whole latch, im guessing there is a further two?

cheers for the reply

Possibly a circlip involved, my memory is fuzzy. I just remember it's simple as, I did it to mine not long ago.