Sign in to follow this  
pureboiracer

318 race series car build.

For those of you who havent seen the bulid either in person or seen bits of it on facebook i thought i should start a thread up, the car is 80% finished now but i will back date the photos to create the desired effect.

The car started out life as a 318i maual, facelift, sunroof coupe. Living in duneiden for the last several years it was brought up to wellington and ended up in my hands to start its life as a race car.

Once in the workshop i wasted no time in stripping it down the bare shell.

post-1845-1343963888.jpg

post-1845-1343964039.jpg

post-1845-1343964048.jpg

Excuse my ignorance but that rotating stand is awesome. Did you buy or fab that? Is it powered?

Borrowed it from a friend, not powered but the car is balanced enough that you can rotate it by yourself.. It's worth it's weight in gold.. And it's heavy...

Borrowed it from a friend, not powered but the car is balanced enough that you can rotate it by yourself.. It's worth it's weight in gold.. And it's heavy...

I have seen the car and it's far, far better than Oli's spelling

For those of you who havent seen the bulid either in person or seen bits of it on facebook i thought i should start a thread up, the car is 80% finished now but i will back date the photos to create the desired effect.

The car started out life as a 318i maual, facelift, sunroof coupe. Living in duneiden for the last several years it was brought up to wellington and ended up in my hands to start its life as a race car.

Once in the workshop i wasted no time in stripping it down the bare shell.

Actually sold new in Dunedin, and lived there all its life, great car, rust free, straight and tidy.

Good luck with the project Oli...

Edited by skidz

Thanks for the correction stephen, stay posted for more pics tonight... The juicy bits about to start..