Sign in to follow this  
Jonty m50e30

Heres the M50 covnversion

yep sorry vacuum booster the e30 one fouls the intake manifold the golf one is a bit smaller in diameter, thats the car on kingsprings superlows and 195/50/15 tyres and yep it sits way to high, this is why I need coilovers or anything else you guys can suggest????

Only one seat at the mo but have had second while tuning so yeah a skid is possible give us a buzz if your ever in town Gus 021 405 640, had it out at manfeild yesterday just doing a single car sprint on the short track, all went well but highlighted the inabilities of the kings and kybs and possibly the arb's as the things is like a whale, but a big fun one, need that LSD or its out with the welder anyone got one???

No offense (as I'm rather corrupted), but I wouldn't use KYB's & King's on the street!!!

I'm Running Koni coil-overs in the front and AVO Coil-overs in the rear.

Have a look at www.avouk.com they may have something the right length to use in the rear and remember to strengthen the rear towers as they are only spot welded in!!

I still have my rear koni SA's for sale, you could convert them to coil overs!?!?! or sinse you are not running it on the road at all you could run 2.5" ID springs in the stock location with some HR or Turner MS ride height adjusters!?!?!

For the front, get some 51mm struts (if you don't already) and convert them to coil overs, and get some koni inserts for them.

For a track only car I'd look at 450lb front & 550lb rear springs (if they are in the stock location, less for coil-overs).

I'm starting with 350lb front and rear and will see how that goes, fronts maybe too soft for the track.

The firmer springs should reduce the body roll, as your spring rates go up the need for stiff sway bars goes down.

I'm not going to be running a rear bar 'cause the droop travel on the rear shocks is less, thus more likely to lift wheels.

I'd be keen to have a llok at your beastie next time I'm up that way also.

My 2c

cheers for the suspension info e30 323i you obviously know your stuff I will no doubt give you a shout when I'm ready to hand over some readies, I looked at Avo's you happy with them?? Yep kings and kybs were put in when I had the m10 in it quite suitable then(read cheap) absolute crap now, could be keen on your koni's just bought new house so will have to wait for a few weeks till im back on my feet.

Andrew Link is sweet, had some initial issues getting fueling right but now it is easy, need to look at cold start fueling but thats no biggy yes I am using the map sensor however TPS does most of the fueling iirc, will be useful when I find that centrifugal supercharger :thumb:

I wouldn't go that far, just spent alot of time researching :)

Feel free to drop me a line if you want to have a chat.

The AVO's are great value for money, even the double adjustables.

They are a good quality finish, not as good as the koni's up front, but V.nice.

Hopefully I can tell you how they ride before too long.

Edited by E30-323ti

Guest Andrew

Andrew Link is sweet, had some initial issues getting fueling right but now it is easy, need to look at cold start fueling but thats no biggy yes I am using the map sensor however TPS does most of the fueling iirc, will be useful when I find that centrifugal supercharger :thumb:

any info on the E36 TPS?