Sign in to follow this  
Jonty m50e30

Heres the M50 covnversion

As soon as I figure out how to upload Photos I will post some of the M50 conversion, the car is going great had some issues with brakes etc but now sorted, good hp not had on dyno yet but that is comming, skids wheels all the way down intermediate straight at Manfeild if you want, probably a bit hard to drive with the gear box/diff ratios. good fun though need a LSD. :angry: cost a shite load but thats because I started with a 316 and used link etc, I would be happy to help anyone with a road car conversion of a 325, man i saw a m50 from a 525 which is exactly what you need on trademe for $1000 buy now.

Well keep an eye out, hopefully today.

Nevr mind the finish its about go not show except for my phat as ultra functional wing :mosh:

Posted Image

that wing is awesome.

looks good...what is the m50 like in the e30? what brakes are they?

Yep the engines sweet in the e30, red lines at 6400 has heaps of torque, trouble is with a 3.64 open diff and over driven getrag 260 first is pretty much useless, second and third wheel spin too easily and in fourth the 325i brakes struggle to stop it all that well (read good in the dry dangerous in the wet) fifth... well never get there at manfeild, lsd and brakes next, but first suspension, currently on king spring superlows and kybs but theses just aren't up to the job, ground control coilovers on the way.

Mind me asking how much I should budget for a conversion such as this?

Mind me asking how much I should budget for a conversion such as this?

Not at all I reckon if you are using e30 325i ecu and loom etc you could have it done for about 3 grand, thousand bucks for engine, thousand bucks for extractors which could be avoided if ou are handy with a welder, and a grand for the little things that always pop up, this is assuming you will be doing the work yourself.

this has cost me a lot more with the link, new radiator, fookin expensive clutch new gauges etc it never ends. if I were to do this again I would consider a m52b28 if you could find one or ultimately an s50b30 or s52b32 just to really make it worth while, however with the link etc I should have about 240bhp at the fly wheel with out any engine mods.

Where are you planning to race this little beastie?

Alsum job, haha ricey wing but ya need that down force haha,

What times are you doin at mansfeild? I know you will be running better times wif da LSD and better brakes, but just intrested.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :mosh: :mosh: :mosh: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Yep will mainly be doing Manfeild, in fact out there on saturday at a car club bent sprint, yeah open diff sucks just will not work, you are out of the throttle all the time just to get traction, times 1:33 in the rain on slicks there is plenty more in the car but the drivers a bit naff about ten spin outs including one on to the front straight at about 120kph scary stuff, I'm Picking 1:26's in the dry with a bit of experience, just fitted a brake servo from a mk2 golf so hopefully brakes will work a bit better now.

i take it its not mean to be that high?

by brake servo do you mean vacuum booster?

would love to go for a ride sometime

yep sorry vacuum booster the e30 one fouls the intake manifold the golf one is a bit smaller in diameter, thats the car on kingsprings superlows and 195/50/15 tyres and yep it sits way to high, this is why I need coilovers or anything else you guys can suggest????

Only one seat at the mo but have had second while tuning so yeah a skid is possible give us a buzz if your ever in town Gus 021 405 640, had it out at manfeild yesterday just doing a single car sprint on the short track, all went well but highlighted the inabilities of the kings and kybs and possibly the arb's as the things is like a whale, but a big fun one, need that LSD or its out with the welder anyone got one???