Sign in to follow this  
Rip_it_up

automatic transmission

Hi guys, just wondering if someone could shed some light on a problem i have with my automatic trans, the button to shift the stick to drive, park etc is broken, and its REALLY hard to move the stick to drive, park, reverse etc, like you have to put alot of force on the stick to move it, is this normal? or is it because the button is broken? is the trans buggered or on its way out? cheers guys

never heard an auto stock being hard to move because of condition of trans, so im guessin its just the stick, mines on the way out and it dosent do it ... :D

Hi guys, just wondering if someone could shed some light on a problem i have with my automatic trans, the button to shift the stick to drive, park etc is broken, and its REALLY hard to move the stick to drive, park, reverse etc, like you have to put alot of force on the stick to move it, is this normal? or is it because the button is broken? is the trans buggered or on its way out? cheers guys

what model of car is it .

i had sticky gear lever when it got hot in a 730i v8 , because coolant got into the trans from the radiator .

and made a little plastic lever stick inside its aluminum housing .