Sign in to follow this  
rusteee

Looking to change insurer

Hi guys

After the hassle i've had with a recent claim, am looking to change all my vehicles insurance to another company. The panel beater, where my E39 is currently, he reccomended NAC insurance, which sounds pretty good. Has anyone got insurance with NAC? or any advice on other company's they may be with. The hassle I have had is, I hit possum at 80km/h which caused $3000 damage to the front of the car. So I made the claim, which unknowingly I had to pay a $1500 excess, despite being told $500 over the phone (teach me for not actually going through it myself, was $500, but being age 22 was an extra $1000 on top of the $500, told me they shouldn't have even given me insurance on the car due to age and nature of vehcile???). They took almost a week, of the car sitting at the panel beaters, from the time the assesor looked at the car, to authorise the repairs. So I havn't had a car for 2 weeks. Now they ring me to tell me I have lost my 60% no claims discount on the premium, despite having never made a claim in the 8 years I've had vehicles and insurance with them, just for this one small claim.

I'm not too sure if all insurance companies are like this? but if anyone can recommend, or suggest someone they think may be easier to deal with, would be greatly appreciated as I've only ever been with this one company.

Cheers in advance =)

Just keep in mind that NAC doesn't do agreed value, only market value

Just keep in mind that NAC doesn't do agreed value, only market value

Yeah thats ok, thats exactly what my insurer was doing anyway. They have an agreed value, which is what I pay the premium on, but market value if the car is written off. Basically win win for the insurance company. This was the issue that was on fairgo a while ago. They wouldn't change it until I had the car properly valued by an authorised valuer.

Was around your age when I bought a 330i about 10 years a go and tried to go through AA who I had good history with. Same deal, Age vs Car type = no

Went with AMI have claimed several times through them over the years and never had 1 single hassle. No claims is only effected 20% at a time as well.

Not sure if the fact IAG owning them is going to be different but I expect so over the coming years. Get in quick before they turn into every other blimmin aussie insurance company.

AMI was ok to deal with, but the other time I took out the my garage door with my car (how embarrassing), I was required to pay two excesses (one for house claim and one for car claim)

My IAG commercial policy for my work car (self employ) is rubbish, took 3 weeks to sort out claims for the panel beater to start work.

AMI with everything, and always have been - our house, a rental, contents & 3 cars. We are on max discount they offer.

Have only ever had a couple of screen replacements & a non blame minor damage accident in a previous car. This though was recompensed by the other party's insurance so cancelled out.

Had a bitch with them a while back about increasing costs of policies so did some comparisons with other providers - none could match overall. AA for example were a liitle cheaper on cars but miles behind with house/contents.

I too wait with anticipation though now they have new owners. Also in saying above - I haven't yet had the need to challenge them with a claim

Guest Ari Gold

Not sure if the fact IAG owning them is going to be different but I expect so over the coming years. Get in quick before they turn into every other blimmin aussie insurance company.

Definitely it will.

I cannot believe IAG have been allowed to buy effectively 80% of the insurance market. They are C*NTS in every sense of the word. I have dealt with them on a daily basis for the last 18 months and have no desire to have them anywhere near anything I've got insured.

Yeah I am with AMI, absolutely useless after IAG. As the panel beater said, they screw the price down so much, that the car ends up being in and out as quick and as cheap as possible rather than having all genuine bits etc. I was warned by a family member who is a panel beater that thats how IAG does it, didn't really take any notice until it was time to make a claim...