Sign in to follow this  
Arma

Engine Swap/Conversions

I've been talking to Ray (Hell bm) about a possible engine conversion sometime in the near future, which he said Hell BM would be able to do. (Idea was to swap m54b22 2001 520i with a m54b30 from a 2001 530i and donor parts - cost would considerably be less than to buy another car).

What I was wondering is whether I need some form of certification/approval (e.g. LVV) in order to be able to pass a WOF after the engine swap?

Note: My apologies if there is another topic covering this, I couldn't find any.

Edited by Arma

Yeah like what Troy said, yes you do, but chances are very few people would pick up on it, unless they checked the engine numbers

With the LVV cert it would require one as you've replaced the engine with a larger capacity / more powerful engine.

Granted you'd be using factory parts it would be a pretty easy cert to acquire...

Technically yes you do, no one will notice though.

Yeah like what Troy said, yes you do, but chances are very few people would pick up on it, unless they checked the engine numbers

With the LVV cert it would require one as you've replaced the engine with a larger capacity / more powerful engine.

Granted you'd be using factory parts it would be a pretty easy cert to acquire...

Alright cool, thanks guys.