Sign in to follow this  
Jamez

iRacing

Is anyone playing iRacing here? I decided to give it a go after finding a "3 months for free" promotion at https://cadillaccupracing.com/

My initial thoughts are it feels great on the track but its a total bitch when one wheel touches the grass, it instantly fly's the car into the closest wall. Its also quite hard to regain control once it starts spinning.

At the moment I can get to within 2 seconds of the lap records (there is an international leader-board) but I am still adjusting to the feeling, its feels different to that of rfactor or Race07 which I have been playing for the last few years, I am also still using standard setups so that might also be the difference.

Edited by Jamez

Is anyone playing iRacing here? I decided to give it a go after finding a "3 months for free" promotion at https://cadillaccupracing.com/

My initial thoughts are it feels great on the track but its a total bitch when one wheel touches the grass, it instantly fly's the car into the closest wall. Its also quite hard to regain control once it starts spinning.

At the moment I can get to within 2 seconds of the lap records (there is an international leader-board) but I am still adjusting to the feeling, its feels different to that of rfactor or Race07 which I have been playing for the last few years, I am also still using standard setups so that might also be the difference.

Ive always wanted to get into iracing, looks good and gets good reviews - be good to get your feedback after some more track time to see if you'd stick with it?

What hardware are you using - screen size, controls etc? (pictures?)

Ive just signed up , looks like fun .

use to play a little when i had the simulator, I just couldn't get the setups right to my likings to stopped playing.

Ive always wanted to get into iracing, looks good and gets good reviews - be good to get your feedback after some more track time to see if you'd stick with it?

What hardware are you using - screen size, controls etc? (pictures?)

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1843179.page

I have it. Just had no time to play it recently. Will give it a go again tonight maybe. Have a motor to put back together though so might be later on.

went and got a G27 logitect yesterday $410 was 499 from d*ck smiths , played with it last night for a while ( much to the misses discust ) had trouble keeping it on the track . I see what you mean abuot touching the grass Jamez

went and got a G27 logitect yesterday $410 was 499 from d*ck smiths , played with it last night for a while ( much to the misses discust ) had trouble keeping it on the track . I see what you mean abuot touching the grass Jamez

You have played with the logitech software that it comes with? You need to play with the settings to make it feel any good. Removed all my text doc's with my settings so couldn't tell you what i was running, Sorry

After a few nights of playing I have to admit I find the MX5 cup quite fun. The racing is quite close, so close I keep hitting people who brake early. I am currently using the logitec Momo but this deal from Mightyape is hard to ignore - G27 for $329

Also setup my rig in the weekend with e30 recoro's, feels way better than a computer chair.

Awesome, will have to get onto it when i get the g27 back from repair, I think I played too much.

There is a new free to play racing game coming very soon. Demo is available on steam.

Its called RaceRoom Racing experience and has a wicked hill climb BMW coming.

http://game.raceroom.com/

TBH the physics are much better in Raceroom and its only a Beta Demo.

Posted Image

Edited by driftit

Doing a bit of iracing if anyone is keen.

Look me up. Dan Rollason.

Doing a bit of iracing if anyone is keen.

Look me up. Dan Rollason.

hehe.

Posted Image

Yeah jump start drive through is nearly 1 min long plus what ever it did after that lol. Came out about 1 and 3/4's of a lap down.

Make sure you have the clutch in when you put it in gear on the start line.

Yeah jump start drive through is nearly 1 min long plus what ever it did after that lol. Came out about 1 and 3/4's of a lap down.

Make sure you have the clutch in when you put it in gear on the start line.

excuses, you were the slowest car in the field :P

excuses, you were the slowest car in the field :P

Race in the V8s then. Bet you don't even finish.