Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

FS: E30 325i Coupe

Hey everyone,

New car means this one has to go. I have owned this for 3 years, it has had several bimmersport owners before me. In my ownership I had driven about 25,000km in it (including two track days) for the last 18 months it has been driven basically everyday.

1985 BMW E30 325i Coupe

Pre-facelift

NZ New

Factory manual

Platanengrun Metallic (only seen two or three in this color)

325,000km

Specs:

Electric sunroof

Motorsport Recaro seats with vinyl bolsters (fabric is wearing a little thin in places, but still tidy, rear seat has a super glue stain on the bench)

Tech 1 wheel with new emblem and motorsport 5 spd gear knob

Race series spec Koni adjustable shocks front and rear with matched race series spec king springs front and rear

Urethane: control arm bushes, trailing arm bushes, diff mount bush, front sway bar mount bushes, steering coupling, rear sub frame bushes

3.64 LSD with replaced front oil seal and rear gasket seal

180km facelift M20 motor conversion with face lift gearbox (15,000km ago it had: plugs, oil, water pump, thermostat, all the main cooling hoses, cambelt and tensioner, rear main seal, rocker cover and sump gasket, exhaust manifold gaskets, distributor rotor and cap, set of good leads all replaced at once)

Custom exhaust (2.5inch with a bullet resonator and a high flow muffler at the end (loud but sounds gorgeous)

Electric fan only on a switch not a thermo switch

Z3 shifter with new plastic cup bush and brass bush upgrade

Trusting race brake pads

E36 window switch conversion

Bottle caps have two near new tyres on the rear and the front have heaps of tread

The good:

180km facelift M20 motor is a peach, had most bits and pieces refreshed 15k ago, plenty of power and smooth

Most of the parts on this car have been replaced, adjusted or upgraded

Handles like s**t on a blanket, can't buy anything as fun for less IMO

The bad:

Gearbox is a little winey but shifts perfectly fine, brought from Kerry at Mosens (member on here)

Needs a new front windscreen (can provide for purchaser)

Rego runs out on 14th of October

Rust on the roof and rear quarter will need fixing before a new warrant (was borderline last time)

Rear sub frame bushes do need replacement

Needs a wheel alignment (can sort this for the purchaser if needed)

The drivers door has a decent fist sized dent in it, would not be hard to pop back out fill and paint

This car would be perfect for someone looking to buy a great track day car of which someone has done all the hard work already and installed all the good bits to make it drive brilliantly. Just add a set of 15 x 7 wheels and some semi slicks and your away. Or add a roll cage and the other bits and your basically ready to race. The parts installed make it still more than comfy enough to drive daily as well.

I also have a spare pre-facelift M20 manual conversion, 3.64 LSD with a delrin diff bush, rear sub frame with delrin bushes, set of rear trailing arms, M20 pre-facelift head and a face lift fibre glass iS lip, which can be negotiated with the sale of the car, or will be sold separately if the car is split.

Here are some pictures of what it has looked like in my ownership:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And here it is in its current for sale state:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Any questions let me know, I am ideally looking to sell this as is and the price reflects that, if there is insufficent interest I will be parting it out.

Please PM me if you are interested.

Cheers, Nathan

Edited by Brams

Good luck with the sale Nath. What have you got on he go? Better be a bimmer!

Thanks Brett, picked up a nice E36 coupe at Turners, will put some pictures up in due course.

Wow good deal! Alot of decent works been done, GLWS

Good luck with the sale Nath! Seriously cool and fun car for the money and definitely goes as good as it sounds! Hope it stays in the BS family.

Thanks guys for the comments, car is now on hold subject to purchase arrangements, this will be updated if it falls through.

Cheers, Nathan