Sign in to follow this  
jcerecke

Jeff Gray's adjusted my lights but they don't look right?

Took the e39 in to get a warrant at Jeff Gray who said my lights were out of alignment so they kindly adjusted them for me (and kindly charged me for it). But now my low beams are almost pointing straight up!! Ok that might be exaggerating a little, but about 100m down the road in front of me it's hitting the tops of trees and the roofs of houses. I always hate those guys that have their low beams flashing up in my eyes so I hate to think that I might now be one of them... is this right?

The funny thing is the warrant before this they pulled me up on the adjusters being broken so I fixed them and adjusted them to what I thought was about right (pointing down in front of the car as far as I could without it bouncing up when I hit a pothole) and took it back in for a recheck and it passed without them saying anything.

I tried to get a photo but camera/skill sucks in low light.

Stick a screwdriver in the adjustment hole and lower them a little?

I find when I get a WOF they set them way too damn low! also might want to pick a new WOF place... where I go.. they just adjust headlights FOR FREE, or put water in the washers.. or charge a few bucks for a bulb... That's Service.

Well I'm inclined to take it back and ask for a refund. They can't charge me to make wrong adjustments to my car! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't being ignorant of some fancy lights that point in peoples eyes without being annoying.........

Hi I would go back and have a word to them about it to see if it was just incorrect adjusting or something else is a miss did they issue the WOF or another outfit?.

I know my adjusters are broken however I have not got around to replacing them yet. (Really struggled to get the lens off when I tried)

So at warrant time I unplugged the leveling motors and manually adjusted the beams to what I thought was correct. I took the E39 in and asked if I could check it on the beamsetter before they did the warrant. They agreed to this and they were a bit low so wound them up. The left one reached the end of the adjustment travel and was still very slightly low but the mechanic was OK with that.

So now I just need to get a set of adjusters and tackle those lenses again.

Now I assume the bayonet fit bung on the top of lamp with the little lever inside is to change the beams for driving on the left or right. Can someone confirm that or advise otherwise.

Took the e39 in to get a warrant at Jeff Gray who said my lights were out of alignment so they kindly adjusted them for me (and kindly charged me for it). But now my low beams are almost pointing straight up!! Ok that might be exaggerating a little, but about 100m down the road in front of me it's hitting the tops of trees and the roofs of houses. I always hate those guys that have their low beams flashing up in my eyes so I hate to think that I might now be one of them... is this right?

The funny thing is the warrant before this they pulled me up on the adjusters being broken so I fixed them and adjusted them to what I thought was about right (pointing down in front of the car as far as I could without it bouncing up when I hit a pothole) and took it back in for a recheck and it passed without them saying anything.

I tried to get a photo but camera/skill sucks in low light.

Well I'm inclined to take it back and ask for a refund. They can't charge me to make wrong adjustments to my car! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't being ignorant of some fancy lights that point in peoples eyes without being annoying.........

def take it back and complain,how will they know they have done it wrong...but be nice about it.