Sign in to follow this  
bilbo

Hi all!

Hi everyone,

I am stoked to have a membership thanks :)

A bit about me,

My name is Joshua, I love the E36 bimmer!! I have a 1993 320i auto in black very tidy, pic's to come and my partner has a 318i of the same year auto also but in silver also very tidy.

I had been ultra keen to put a manual in it, and had been searching the net for info on Manual swaps as my Jatco had had it. that's how I found this site, priour to that I didn't think we kiwi's would have had one this well made let alone even a basic web site, so I was really happy when I realised the site was local...

I had been on the look for tech info on gearboxes of the manual persuasion, as I am totally stumped I have a full getrag 220 conversion, and a zf 5spd with solid flywheel and good clutch, but progress has come to a half untill I can find some solutions to my problems..

So yea you will no doubt find me asking alot of well thought out questions, I will use the forum search first and then ask if I can't find an answer.

I am very new to computers and forum's also so please let me know (nicely) if possable if I happen to be doing somthing wrong ie wrong area for question, or the like. I genuinely don't mean to annoy anyone.. so sorry in advance.

Thanks all

best regards

J

Hey mate,

Welcome to the forum.

A manual conversion would be ideal, there are a few servicing companies on here that can do the job drive in drive out.

Although doing such a change opens the options up to replacing the 2.0 engine with a 2.5 or 2.8 unit!

Hey mate,

Welcome to the forum.

A manual conversion would be ideal, there are a few servicing companies on here that can do the job drive in drive out.

Although doing such a change opens the options up to replacing the 2.0 engine with a 2.5 or 2.8 unit!

Hi, thanks for the welcome :)

I just posted a new topic in the Maintance forum asking for a bit of help.

I hope it was the right area to do so.

Thanks for the referal to the guys doing drive in swaps, But that's not for me I'm a tight ass

and far prefer to attempt to do most anything myself first. even though it sometimes may cost me twice what it would have to get somone else to do it for me, so I going to keep trying for a solution, fingers crossed!

as for the engine, would love to replace it but I don't have the spare funds to do both at the moment.

just spent my last spare $100 on a thrust bareing..

will definatly keep that in mind though..

I do however have some other good's to install down the line, have vogtland sport lows x4 and some sachs shocks to suite, waiting for christmas for that one :)

also have a set of factory 19" bmw rims to fit tyres to and then on car, can hardly wait for that!!

Cheers Josh

Hi there and welcome.

Pics please! :)

Hi Andy

yes pic's soon, unfourtunatly the car is on axle stands in my garrage with no bonnet/seats,center console etc

it wouldn't seem right to at the moment, but soon, very soon I hope to have it rolling along.

will take some pic's out and about.

Thanks for your interest in my ride!

Where can I view pic's of yours mate? also Have you done many mod's?