Sign in to follow this  
LawrenceCT

WTB: K&N 57-1001 Air Filter

Looking for a K&N 57-1001 Air Filter for my E46 330i. Anyone hve one for sale or know where i can get one?

Its a specific pod filter for the 2001 330i, will look at other options if you have a set for this car

Thanks

Repco.

I gave them a call yesterday and they did not see the model on the system, they said I could call between Monday and Friday to request a order for the part, so still need to see if they can get it

If your looking to import a filter I ran into barriers with K&N. It seems they have a dealer agreement which excludes exporting so that you can only buy from local stockists. A bit of a bummer as often overseas prices are much better.

In the end I went with a AFE filter. Might be worth looking through their range to see if they have a filter for your car as it may save a few dollars.

Edit: did a search for the hell of it and found this AFE® 54-10451 and yeah not what you call cheap...though this is comparable AFE® 54-20442

Edited by MLM

If your looking to import a filter I ran into barriers with K&N. It seems they have a dealer agreement which excludes exporting so that you can only buy from local stockists. A bit of a bummer as often overseas prices are much better.

In the end I went with a AFE filter. Might be worth looking through their range to see if they have a filter for your car as it may save a few dollars.

Edit: did a search for the hell of it and found this AFE® 54-10451 and yeah not what you call cheap...though this is comparable AFE® 54-20442

Tell me about it, seems almost double the price I want to pay, saw the k&n in aus eBay for almost 100 less, but still need to see if I can find a shop here. Almost normal understanding would tell me that stage 2 would be a step up from stage 1 air filter, on this site it's seems to be the other way round? Strange

just gave Repco a call, no stock in NZ or AUS, would take 6-8 weeks and cost $700. No thanks, i would rather just build my own pod system for far less

That is quite expensive.

Another option would be a Simota Carbon intake, these are very nice.

http://www.broomfish.co.nz/product_info.php?products_id=1613

Or as you say make your own up with an off the shelf filter.

TBH the best you can do is leave it OEM and spend the money on beer and have a sober driver drive you around, I find beer makes my car feel way faster and $500 would buy a lot of beer.

That is quite expensive.

Another option would be a Simota Carbon intake, these are very nice.

http://www.broomfish.co.nz/product_info.php?products_id=1613

Or as you say make your own up with an off the shelf filter.

TBH the best you can do is leave it OEM and spend the money on beer and have a sober driver drive you around, I find beer makes my car feel way faster and $500 would buy a lot of beer.

Not expecting any performance increase from the filter (no matter what there specs say), looking to add a nicer sound to the car and i was thinking of going with pod and maybe muffler change

Alternatively...

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/smart/...2C%20Each%20%20

Also shipping will be about 70$NZD flat rate so fill it up if you can.

That is a lot cheaper than $700.

that looks like a replacement for the panel filter, not sure it will give the sound you get from the intake system. thanks for the details

just gave Repco a call, no stock in NZ or AUS, would take 6-8 weeks and cost $700. No thanks, i would rather just build my own pod system for far less

Ill build you a custom carbon air box for that price.... :ph34r:

Ill build you a custom carbon air box for that price.... :ph34r:

Thanks for the offer, but me and my old man are going to make one up. I was hoping to get a complete set for a decent price and there I would not need to do so much work

looks like i have decided to go with the Simota CF610-6 (i was looking at the K&N, AFE and Simota). I most likley have to get it in from Europe as i cant find that model for sale in NZ, there is one on trademe but its a 04 model. if any of you know of someone that has one and wants to sell? does not need to be new either

Thanks