Sign in to follow this  
topless

Free 525e car

Hey rod,

yea if bem-on isnt keen for bumpers anymore then youd be more than welcome... i dont wanna replace them for my nice M kit. :) and if you dont want them then bem-on you still wanna meet up and grab things you want?

and topless don't worry, nothing should go sour. I plan to leave after work on sunday, have a small rest in taupo and then be there before or around midday monday if thats ok?

cheers

yeah im keen man,

if Rod doesnt want it but im not to sure about monday tho, i maybe down south

but if thats the case then ill work somthing els out.

could even come down to pick it up at a later date but i really dont know yet. if coming down and picking it up from you is the case then ill still go halfs with you dude and just sort it out when im down there.

cheers man ill text you later this week.

and topless don't worry, nothing should go sour. I plan to leave after work on sunday, have a small rest in taupo and then be there before or around midday monday if thats ok?

:thumb: just txt or call me when you get closer so I can come home...

i think ive seen it before. Must be an american import. Its big work changing to euro bumpers. I say leave them. Mainly for the comical effect :D

But seriously, check out www.mye28.com for great info.

yeah should turn it into Demolition derby racer, won’t need to do much, just a cage and we’re set, :rambo:

so its not a straight swap.

Gosh those Americans, why do they have to be so different? Not only are they not metric and right hand drive… hay wait a minute, the car is right hand drive, still mean its American?

I always am pretty keen when it comes to vehicles, a high percentage of my bloodstream is probably octane and toluene.

bem-on, you have the federal super bumpers? Oh no, those things look hideous, you better grab the bumpers while you can. It is hard to find an E28 with straight bumpers. From what I have seen and read for the front you will need the bumper and everything below it. For the rear it is probably the bumper and brackets only?

The centre sections of my bumpers are almost brand new because I bought them new awhile back. The rear right section however has a slight bend in it and the previous owner decided to revive all the exterior rubber (side door strips, bumper rubbers, spoiler, etc) with black tyre paint using a brush, real handy. The rear bumper rubber also got stretched when the bumper got bent so it does not fit very well now. Therefore my intention is to replace all the exterior rubber, front grill, etc.

As I said earlier any leftover parts I would be keen on. There are a whole pile of other bits I am interested in, headlamps, window trim and too many other bits to type here. Let me know later what you guys do not use or want.

Rod

Hay dude after having a bit of look at the site I think I have alpina weels on the beast

so think im going to get them to good nick with a bit of sand blasting and some powder coating be better than new :pimp:

saw that but price isn't zero hahaha.... and also dont need it to be working... im guna strip it anyway.

and bem-on why dont u post us a pic of your ride? theose ugly bumpers are so ugly but i like them..... dont know why

and bem-on why dont u post us a pic of your ride? theose ugly bumpers are so ugly but i like them..... dont know why

Just had a look at the site Bem-on posted... I think those bumpers are bloody marvellous !!! If you go out to the country you won't need to take deck chairs, that front bumper will seat at least 4 !!!! :lol:

Hey, I had the same problem trying to get pics up. Nearly drove Gus and Grant scatty... problem was that I was trying to preview the posting with the pic up and it didn't appear so thought I was doing something wrong. :blush:

Type your post first, then use the file attachment bit at the bottom and give the link to the pic there. (I find a 100k pic is about the right size so it doesn't make you have to scroll across the screen to see the whole thing...) Then hit the add reply button, don't try to use the preview button or the pic disappears.

I'm old so have an excuse for stuffing things up like this :P

here goes nothing, if this works this isnt my car just what i hope for my e30 to look like in two months. with a mtech 1 front and painted gloss black with matalic flacks plus some

post-11-1123727353.jpg

Edited by bem-on

here goes nothing, if this works this isnt my car just what i hope for my e30 to look like in two months. with a mtech 1 front and painted gloss black with matalic flacks plus some

complete with 5L V12 motor too I hope ??? :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

yeah for sure,

you provide the v12 and its done :thumb:

theres this black v12 csi going round palmy. so hot!

Edited by bem-on

just trying to be helpful...it actually wont look anything like that....the front is completely different, as in the bumpers and valance. the rear arches too. but put some pics up when you done

Guest Andrew

just wait and see bro

well seeing as gus and I both have/had full mtech1 cars..