Sign in to follow this  
4EVAHI

4EVAHI

Hi guys,

Only new to the forums but some mad rides I've seen so far and seems like a lot of knowledge between all the users sxo looking forward to having a chat with some of yas. Anyway I have a '90 318i that is almost finished. I had it on the rd for 2 months after the performance shop finished with it but i wasn't very impressed so redone the conversion at home.

Mods so far :

R33 RB25DET

R33 RB20 gearbox

Fully forged internals with oversized JE pistons

Custom front mount with 3" ali piping and samco hoses

Custom radiator (to fit inside chassis at the front)

Modified T4 in GT35 housing

Full 3" from turbo

Custom XTR Plenheim

2.5L surge tank and XTR fuel pump in boot

GReddy Oil catch can

Interior has a cpl of tv's and DVD player but planning for retrim and new mags early next year

Currently has only standard ECU as I'm pricing for the wiring and ECU from somewhere but haven't found a reasonable price as not after anything like Motech etc which seems to be all ppl are trying to sell me. hahaha

Pics are not the best but hopefully give you an idea of it all until I can finish the project and get it back on the rd in a cple of weeks

Be good to hear what ppl think whether it's positive or negative. lol

post-9-1123305813.jpg

Edited by 4EVAHI

yeah this is a nice car and had alot of hard work and effort into it, goes insane! should be good once finished, alot of hard work has gone into this cheers and good luck :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

any dyno figs? idea of power?

looks good...open diff or LSD?

I'll look forward to seeing that in the flesh. Looks good. Bet it goes like a raped ape.

I'm with Gus, had it on the dyno?

Bet it goes like a raped ape.

bet you know EXACTLY how hard that is

No figures as yet cause never been tuned or had any ECU worth testing but should be getting Power FC and deloomed over the next 2 weeks before it gets certed.

Standard diff at this stage as gonna rape it until it blows (shouldn't take too long. haha) then fit a modified a hilux diff to handle the power once tuned :D

Welcome, Nice ride.

Funny seeing people modding E30's like this after years on my own.

Mine has been on & off the road over the last 2yrs, never had any failures (touch wood) as such, just lots of E30 bits are sub-standard when you pushing 300hp (Drive shaft, axles, CV's, Brakes, Suspension, the list goes on...)

I serious hope you aren't running stock brakes!!! I drove mine once, around the block, and they had to go!!!!

Re: Hilux Diff, are you talking of ditching the IRS ans going to a Live Axle?? Surely Not!!!!

Re: Turbo, Are you basically running a GT35 without the BB centre (conventional)? What size Ex.Hsg?? Lag???

Brakes are just waiting on my mate to return from the states so he can do a 5 stud conversion and can fit GTS-t brakes onto it and will allow me to go after 19" deep dish wheels :)

haha yeah I don't expect the diff to last very long at all but have been advised by a cple of performance shops that a modified hilux diff (that are used on a lot of rotas) would be more than enough to handle it all but I'm not too clued up in that area. lol

Cars been lowered but only 30mm on dobi springs, can't really go any lower on the 17"s cause of my exhaust sits so low under the car but all the suspension will be getting changed once I decide on the wheels and have the 5 stud conversion done but all in all is a massive learning experience and loved driving it before it was rebuilt :)

could be an option for sure, I just haven't really looked around at the different options yet as concentrating more on finishing the engine and all the electronics before worrying bout the diff cause will only give way if I drop the clutch hard so any ideas and approx cost (if ya can) would be greatly appreciated :)

Hey rob its dunx from CF.

Mean as car, cant wait till you come down so i can have a yan and check it out. Hope its back on the road soon. Its so good to talk to sum1 thats gone all out and now we can learn from ur mistakes etc. MINT CAR from all da pics ive seen and things ive heard etc its now my fav car for sure haha call me a 'suckup' but i love it!!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I still cant get over da hard work and hours uve put in.

Shot

hey rob, its becca from chosen few hahaha.... :beer:

ur cars lookin really good.... love it! :thumb:

and WA1TNC... nice to c a misti driver on beamer forums lol B)

hehehe chosen few/ex chosen fewers up in hea lol..... :mosh:

Would it kill you guys to use the English language for your posts, instead of txt language?

Cheers

Grant

The budget version of english is so apparent here. I mean goddam, as a piss take its fine but when you are actually wanting to ask / answer someone ANSWER IN ENGLISH!