Sign in to follow this  
miskimmin

Noobie I need help

Hey I recently bought a 1985 318i. Its in prety gud condition but its standard as.

I was woundering how I should lower it and how much it would cost and all that. Im still at school so im keen for a cheaper option.

Any help would be appreciated

If you cant afford too much and your lowering it just for looks you could compress the springs its about half the cost of getting new springs,

But you wont get very good handling, ie it wont stiffen your ride much...

Cheers

Leave it standard, and keep your mnoey for a rainy day when it will need the inevitable expensive repair work.

Cheers

I agree with Grant, save your money if you can, but if you must lower it then i'd suggest picking up a set of motorsport springs off trademe rather than going out and buying some. That way you can simply swap the springs and not have to worry too much about the shocks.

I say worry about the shocks because they're more important than the springs.

If you cut your springs your banned.

If you cut your springs your banned.

sheit.

im banned then... :thumb:

keep that sh*t standard then if its a good example you get jizzed on from all these bmw masty fests round here

Guest Andrew

339 INC G.S.T for set of Jamex lowering springs. Install is DIY.

Sup boi, gota clean car man, saw ya pulling ya phatom drift down port road. Got skills lol

Here are some ways you can get ur car low...

1) Jamex (u shouldn’t need to get shortened shocks- and me and ash/Shaun can help u put them in. ($350ish)

2) Cut springs with my shortened shocks and then getting your front shocks machined. You are goin to need to just Honda front springs i think to sort out the rear cos of them being bee hive shaped etc (dodgy and wouldn’t even think out it for me)

3) Get king super lows kings, and then koni shocks adjustable like me, lol and sell your arm and leg to get in done.

4) Buy my gear and save all the hassle. Haha think u already said yes to it, and hopefully we can have your car sacked by Friday night lol

I know your just doing it for looks so you are going to want cut or Compressed. i know that people on here don’t like both and i know why, but when your 16/17/18 ya just want it done cheap and for it to look low.

Catch up playa hahaha

Edited by bemmaboi

[if you cut your springs your banned]

Why not just get rid of them? Springs are over rated anyway! :bounce:

Dont be cheap.

Youll regret having your springs cut when your face ends up on a tree.

Just spend the money on something proper. Do some work, save some money, do it once do it right.

Hey thanks for the advice.

Im not going to chop the springs but besides the handling factor why is every one so agaisnt it?

Im not leaving it standard itneeds to be lowerd

Im not going to chop the springs but besides the handling factor why is every one so agaisnt it?

Becasue it is just plain dangerous to be driving a car with cut springs.

Cheers

Grant