Sign in to follow this  
JesseRaymond

Clutch Slip

Well my first bad news with the car has a arrived today and i noticed when i let the clutch out to go up my drive way (which is a hill) the revs were at at 3 thousand but i wasnt accelerating very fast haha. Darn clutch was slipping. Thats the first time its ever happened and i dont normally have problems when driving.

Every now and then from take of it does something funny and it almost stalls but thats about it. I must admit that i do a few skids in it just to get her a bit sideways and have some fun.

I know its the responsible thing to do and all but come on, who doesnt do it every now and than. I do take care of my car e.g. regular services.

So im in need of advice, what i was thinking of doing was just taking it to Auto clutch and getting them to check it out and see what my options are.

Does anyone have any recommendations or have had the same problem and what costs are involved.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks !

I assume it's an E30,dont know your location

you will be up for

clutch kit

Flywheel machine

and Labour

While you are there probably best to get the slave replaced, as with the master and fluid for reliability

I assume it's an E30,dont know your location

you will be up for

clutch kit

Flywheel machine

and Labour

While you are there probably best to get the slave replaced, as with the master and fluid for reliability

Yes e30 and auckland.

Thanks for your help !

changing the clutch in an E30 is a relatively simple task to do over a weekend if your up to it, its not as daunting as it sounds! a basic socket set, a jack and a couple jack stands, a few inverse torx sockets and a torque wrench are all you need. One of my first project ever on my E30 was doing a manual conversion, and that was on the back of very basic offroader/4x4 mechanics.

E30 what?

If it's m10 I have a near new kit here. Offer me something.

changing the clutch in an E30 is a relatively simple task to do over a weekend if your up to it, its not as daunting as it sounds! a basic socket set, a jack and a couple jack stands, a few inverse torx sockets and a torque wrench are all you need. One of my first project ever on my E30 was doing a manual conversion, and that was on the back of very basic offroader/4x4 mechanics.

Thanks for the positive news (:

Yeah i figured nows the best time to learn how to do it and with the help of my Grand dad and his hoist we'll be able to get the job done.

Thanks,