Sign in to follow this  
swordfish

Corner balancing in Christchurch

Does anyone know a good corner balancing place in Christchurch? Just want to set my car up properly after my full suspension rebuild.

Thank you

Yeah no corner balancing there for sure lol Found a place they said it would cost me $150 bucks! Is that a price people usually pay?

Sound like a good price for first time setup considering the price of a normal alignment. Are you going to weight jack with or without driver ?

Sound like a good price for first time setup considering the price of a normal alignment. Are you going to weight jack with or without driver ?

With a driver I guess :) I might as well put my ass in the car and track everything they are doing lol Maybe they will do a better job this way :D

forgive my ignorance but what is "corner balancing"

It's this lol Linky

Did this to a couple of Mini7's and a Touring Car. The touring car we did with the driver in the car. Can be good for .5 to 1 seconds a lap if you have height adustable suspension.

I'd get it done, drive the car for a while and have it re-checked as we'd find the cars would settle a bit and needed further ajustment / fine tunning. See if the place is up for a quick recheck.

Otherwise the scales have become quite reasonable with people selling them for roughly $600 a set on trademe. That's only four visits if you think about it. Also far better than using the old lever bar and cardboard method. Typically the guys would use me on the lever bar due to my weight advantage :(

That's good to know that it actually works!!! Yeah I have adjustable height and damper Konis now, so should work well after I get everything sorted! :)