Sign in to follow this  
nz320i

Please help my body work??

i put a picture here to show you whats up,

The black bit that runs along the door has started pulling out where the arrow is pointing, should i just take to a panel beater to fix or something it doesnt seem to move so cant push back in?

The car has been re sprayed before maybe this has been taken off before i dont know.

Thanks

post-6-1123568752.jpg

cant remember 100% but i think there should be a bolt for the front part then clips, but there really tricky little bastard clips so they could be broken.

There should be a wierd looking plastic nut on the inside of the door at each end of the trim, then the centre of the trim is held on by the clips, its coming away where the little plastic nut holds it on so have a look on the inside of the door to see if there is a small bolt poking through with no little white nut on it...... I think thats right........ :huh:

10mm plastic nut on inside of door, unbolt, then whole trim piece should come off. get some new clips from BMW (cost is f**k all) and replace the buggered ones. V Easy. should fit perfect after

i put a picture here to show you whats up,

The black bit that runs along the door has started pulling out where the arrow is pointing, should i just take to a panel beater to fix or something it doesnt seem to move so cant push back in?

The car has been re sprayed before maybe this has been taken off before i dont know.

There is a plastic clip at the front that is probably broken. To assemble the trim on the door, you slide the front bit into this clip, click the trim into the next 2 plastic clips and then put the plastic nut on at the opening end of the door. Try taking the nut off, lift the trim away from the door enough to clear the thread from the panelling and slide the trim backwards. It should clear the clip. The most common fault with these clips is one or more of the 4 tags that spread open when you push the centre pin in break off when you remove it to paint and then they dont stay fixed in.

Have attached a pic of the door with the first 2 clips visible and the trim above them removed and placed upside down. This is a facelift door so should be like yours.

Yup, your door.....

BTW, that car of yours must have had a swim sometime, all the widow motors were siezed and the central locking motors had been replaced with cheap aftermarket ones...

Yup, your door.....

BTW, that car of yours must have had a swim sometime, all the widow motors were siezed and the central locking motors had been replaced with cheap aftermarket ones...

wtf?

na man cos i put in central locking with remote so replaced motors and the bmw ones were in the doors??

Do you know this car ??

Nah, he was refering to bimmer boy, who he got brought his car as parts from nz320i - he hasn't actually worked on yours :P

Dad knocked his bump strip off below the indicator, looks rather clean without... may have to take them all off and weld in a panel then get it all re-sprayed.

wtf?

na man cos i put in central locking with remote so replaced motors and the bmw ones were in the doors??

Do you know this car ??

Hey sorry, was just replying to Bimmer Boy ..

My door!  :o 

I always wonderd how to get the rubibng strips off

As Surge says, I bought his car off him and stripped it for parts. :P