Sign in to follow this  
beemn

Car and key memory

So on our old e39 nz new car 01 (a few cars ago now) it had car and key memory which worked as it should, my key and her key with our own settings etc, now on our x5 05 and 330 02 both cars have it but neither work, both nz new cars, i have hooked up PA.Soft and i am pretty sure i found the menu to activate it and the box was already ticked, so it should work ...but it doesn't on both cars anyone got any ideas?...maybe im doing it wrong but was pretty sure they come activated from new, especially cars that are nz new?

Give Ray a call ...

Ill be up there on Saturday ... should be able to enable ..

Give Ray a call ...

Ill be up there on Saturday ... should be able to enable ..

Bugger, will have to leave it till another weekend, got our gay work party at 10...which will be a slow death

The CKM can be played with and activated/deactivated at your friendly dealer, shouldn't cost that much too.

The CKM can be played with and activated/deactivated at your friendly dealer, shouldn't cost that much too.

Is this not the option to activate it at the bottom there? Key Memory

post-122-1355638482.jpg

Our CKM system looks different due to being the genuine BMW ISSS coding tool, suspect that would be the correct option though.

Does your car have the standard stereo from factory in it? Aftermarket stereos fitted won't allow you to modify or turn on the memory.

Our CKM system looks different due to being the genuine BMW ISSS coding tool, suspect that would be the correct option though.

Does your car have the standard stereo from factory in it? Aftermarket stereos fitted won't allow you to modify or turn on the memory.

yep, X5 has the 16:9 and the 330 has the business stereo, i have been able to code the DRL's for both, lights flash on lock and unlock and alarm beep on lock and unlock for both, just the CKM is a no go, not the end of the world but once you have had it you get used to it