Sign in to follow this  
m2geek

E36 Air Con not Switching

Hey guys,

Trying to Diagnose a issue with my a/c - in the last week or two the air con has stopped working for no apparent reason, pushing the a/c switch does nothing - no clutching of the compressor or the electric fan turning on. I checked all the fuses but they seem fine. I did some googling but couldn't find anything that sounded similar so here I am...

Any ideas?

Hey guys,

Trying to Diagnose a issue with my a/c - in the last week or two the air con has stopped working for no apparent reason, pushing the a/c switch does nothing - no clutching of the compressor or the electric fan turning on. I checked all the fuses but they seem fine. I did some googling but couldn't find anything that sounded similar so here I am...

Any ideas?

Just replaced the compressor relay - that did nothing -_-

if there is not enough ac gas in the system it wont turn on the fan or ac pump.

check the a/c gas

check fuses as well.

put your hand down and see if you can turn the front of the pump , they do pack up and lock up etc

if there is not enough ac gas in the system it wont turn on the fan or ac pump.

check the a/c gas

check fuses as well.

put your hand down and see if you can turn the front of the pump , they do pack up and lock up etc

Ah, that's good to know...

I shall have to get some quotes monday - having a black car with black interior in summer with No air con is utter murder - especially with it raining a lot and being so muggy..