Sign in to follow this  
Neal

E46 early bm53 tuner audio questions

Have used video retrofit cable between mk4 nav and video tuner / bm53 radio

All video functions are working correctly

However , the audio does not work from the tv tuner or nav. The retrofit loom splits the audio out via via separate lines rather than the mk4 nav audio out via the video tuner.

Both bm53 radio b & c connectors have nav / tv inputs ( B has pins 11&12) (C has pins 5&11)

My questions are

Is it valid as per current loom to have the nav mk4 audio connected to B 11 & 12 and the Tv connected to C 5&11 ?

Other wise if the nav mk4 audio goes via the tuner white audio connector inputs which connector / pins should the tv tuner audio out go to . ( the blue/white and yellow combo)

I've googled and tried combos , but haven't achieved and sound output from the tuner of mk4 nav

Have used video retrofit cable between mk4 nav and video tuner / bm53 radio

All video functions are working correctly

However , the audio does not work from the tv tuner or nav. The retrofit loom splits the audio out via via separate lines rather than the mk4 nav audio out via the video tuner.

Both bm53 radio b & c connectors have nav / tv inputs ( B has pins 11&12) (C has pins 5&11)

My questions are

Is it valid as per current loom to have the nav mk4 audio connected to B 11 & 12 and the Tv connected to C 5&11 ?

Other wise if the nav mk4 audio goes via the tuner white audio connector inputs which connector / pins should the tv tuner audio out go to . ( the blue/white and yellow combo)

I've googled and tried combos , but haven't achieved and sound output from the tuner of mk4 nav

you should:

connect video (blueplug) 18&9 to radio C 11&5 respectively

connect nav (blueplug) 9&18 to video (white plug) 3&12 respectively

try that...

post-2427-1357786254.jpg

post-2427-1357786271.jpg

Thanks for the info, will get some more pins and make up nav to tuner audio connection and make sure I have tuner to bm53 around the correct way.

Thanks for the info, will get some more pins and make up nav to tuner audio connection and make sure I have tuner to bm53 around the correct way.

then again the retrofit instructions are different..

see attached

EBADoc11514_TV.pdf

Plot thickens. The factory retrofit tv module cable doesn't have the 9 to18 and 9 to 18 audio connections either. Will try a combo of nav audio to nav tv and nat TV to bm53 b connector 11 & 12 . If that doesn't work then will try Tv to bm53 connector c 5 & 11

Edited by Neal

Got some nav pins and added audio connection from Mk4 to Tuner module 9-18 3-12

Connected TV Tuner blue 8/19 to c5/11. Got Nav sound only. :unsure:

Then tried TV tuner blue 8/19 to B 11/12 Got TV sound only. :unsure:

Looks like I need to change the loom to split out the audio rather than the recommend factory daisy chain the nav to tv tuner to BM53 B & C connectors.