Sign in to follow this  
Niraj

worth of an E30

what is an 86 PFL e30 with an m20b25 thats in decent condition for its years worth these days? Im thinking if im selling my one at too high of a price. Am I?

what is an 86 PFL e30 with an m20b25 thats in decent condition for its years worth these days? Im thinking if im selling my one at too high of a price. Am I?

Well first of all.... how high is too high of a price?!?! What are you wanting for it? lol

Worth 2x the price in Manual form, especially if 2 dr, if its a 4dr auto its worth about 2-3k perhaps.

Edited by Charles32

Well first of all.... how high is too high of a price?!?! What are you wanting for it? lol

Im at a point where I would settle for $2600, $2700 would cover my tuition fees but I guess beggars cant be choosers hahha. someone told me its an SE model which I don't really understand is lol but hey apparently its something special

Worth 2x the price in Manual form, especially if 2 dr, if its a 4dr auto its worth about 2-3k perhaps.

thanks man I'm like mid way in the price range lol

Maybe you need to add some detail to it?? Was the rear parcel shelf cut for those speakers?

Maybe you need to add some detail to it?? Was the rear parcel shelf cut for those speakers?

nope I didnt cut anything just added spacers and attached them to the spacer. soundstream magnets are too big lol

Must I add more detail? Im really not sure

Im pretty sure it's not an SE model.

This is from: http://www.e30zone.net/e30zonewiki/index.php/320i

320i SE

At some point during the E30 production, BMW introduced a trim level known as SE, for Special Equipment, which was only offered to 6-cylinder models (For the 316i and 318i, this trim level was called LUX). This SE package makes the 320i SE a genuine BMW model, which should be shown on the vehicle registration document. The SE trim level was available on all four body styles - 2-door, 4-door, Touring and Cabriolet.

The SE trim level equipped the car with some basic cosmetic options, including interior upholstery and steering wheels, plus foglights. Bumpers and valances were colour-coded, and some electric items such as a sunroof and rear windows were installed. However, the actual SE package changed from year to year, depending entirely on what accessories BMW wanted to include.

Most importantly, SE cars were entitled to optional extras from the Motorsport list, thus offering LSD, Sports Gearbox and Suspension options to the vehicle, as well as Motorsport body kits. This meant that a 320i SE could be equipped to an extremely high level, far beyond that available to a standard 320i.

Because of the relatively low power of the M20B20 engine, very few 320i SE were equipped with mechanical upgrades, making the SE a primarily cosmetic upgrade.

Im pretty sure it's not an SE model.

This is from: http://www.e30zone.net/e30zonewiki/index.php/320i

320i SE

At some point during the E30 production, BMW introduced a trim level known as SE, for Special Equipment, which was only offered to 6-cylinder models (For the 316i and 318i, this trim level was called LUX). This SE package makes the 320i SE a genuine BMW model, which should be shown on the vehicle registration document. The SE trim level was available on all four body styles - 2-door, 4-door, Touring and Cabriolet.

The SE trim level equipped the car with some basic cosmetic options, including interior upholstery and steering wheels, plus foglights. Bumpers and valances were colour-coded, and some electric items such as a sunroof and rear windows were installed. However, the actual SE package changed from year to year, depending entirely on what accessories BMW wanted to include.

Most importantly, SE cars were entitled to optional extras from the Motorsport list, thus offering LSD, Sports Gearbox and Suspension options to the vehicle, as well as Motorsport body kits. This meant that a 320i SE could be equipped to an extremely high level, far beyond that available to a standard 320i.

Because of the relatively low power of the M20B20 engine, very few 320i SE were equipped with mechanical upgrades, making the SE a primarily cosmetic upgrade.

yeah I read a long article about them and what not. I was just going based purely on what I got told hahaha. its still a great car without the cosmetics