Sign in to follow this  
Mungous

M3 CSL?!

Good on you Ray!! Good luck : )

If you win and part it out let me know : P

Why do you think anyone would part it Tom?

yep thats the one, also a mini cooper s, there is also a GT2 to go with the GT3

This is when it was brand spanking

Posted Image

Edited by beemn

Why do you think anyone would part it Tom?

Haha I don't ... I am probably the only one crazy enough to do so : P

Just trying to bring a bit of twisted humor to the thread.

Reality is most of these cars are now in the hands of enthusiasts that do bugger all km each year (it's as if it's a competition to see who has the lowest km car in X years time). I don't even know if mine still has one of the lowest km around, but at least I can lay claim to owning numero no.1 in NZ : )

It's an odd car in terms of value to be honest. Treasured in Germany (enough so that Germans are known to buy them from the UK and convert them into left hand drive!!) ... scrap yard special in the UK .... held in high regards over in the USA ... nobody wants one in Japan ... sought after still in other European countries but only if cheap enough to turn into a track car.

There is of course only 9 official NZ car now in the Country ... one's in Australia now, but I know quite a few more have come in from overseas.

Edited by M3_Power

I want one Tom, but am thinking when I go to the U.K for work this year I'll either buy a CSL or a Sport Evo (can't decide which I want more or more importantly which will be worth more in the future).

So yea, buy one of the two and own it over there for a time and bring it back with me.

CSLs for sale on Piston Heads

http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/classif...=PriceHighToLow

E30 M3s for sale on Piston Heads

Edited by Hi-Tek

I want one Tom, but am thinking when I go to the U.K for work this year I'll either buy a CSL or a Sport Evo (can't decide which I want more or more importantly which will be worth more in the future).

So yea, buy one of the two and own it over there for a time and bring it back with me.

CSLs for sale on Piston Heads

E30 M3s for sale on Piston Heads

In my humble opinion the Sport Evo will always be worth more than the CSL. Like for like between the CSL and the Sport Evo (in terms of condition and km) the Sport Evo would be easily 20%+ more in value. If anything, I actually think the Sport Evos have been going up in value quite a bit recently.

My vote would be the Sport Evo ... I'd love to own one ... or a replica of one.

Actually I'd love to own JK's car : P

http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/classif...sano-red/937496

Curiousity about this car however ... how did it gain nearly 3000km in travel since being impounded by the police .... presuming Turners listed the km correctly (when deregistered it had supposedly 33k km ... now it's 36k km ....).

Edited by M3_Power

I don't even know if mine still has one of the lowest km around, but at least I can lay claim to owning numero no.1 in NZ : )

Still between 20-30k ?

Bruces is still 50k so I think between you two you both have the crown for NZ New CSLs

Only where the CIN card says it has no security owing (which this one doesn't). The back of the CIN card says:

"If you buy a used motor vehicle from a motor vehicle trader and the trader does not disclose that a security interest is registered over it (see the front of this notice), then you receive the vehicle free of the security interest. Note that this protection does not apply to private sales."

That's not what I was talking about at all, Turners Purchase Protection covers any money owing, and is mandatory for any auction purchase at turners...

http://www.turners.co.nz/Services/Pages/Tu...Protection.aspx

Still between 20-30k ?

Bruces is still 50k so I think between you two you both have the crown for NZ New CSLs

28,900 on mine .... I am locking it away and never driving it again haha ...

According to the records I've been keeping there's one floating around with about 26,000km also NZ new (unfortunately I don't know the owner of this car) ... And 2 UK import with under 30,000km (one I believe is actually around 24,000km - the other is Robbies and is similar km to mine).

I know of one car in Istanbul with about 8000mile asking a tad under 100,000GBP ...(they are also similarly priced in Hong Kong ... so if you want to sell a CSL, send it to Istanbul or Hong Kong hehe)

Edited by M3_Power

Thanks, I remember that. At least he had taste.

Edited by vtgts300kw

Nope I'm pretty on CSLs it was 255s on front and 285 or 295 on rear? Is that correct Tom?

The rears are like 10-11" wide - Different specs to a normal M3.

235/35-19 fronts on an 8.5" wheel, 265/30-19 rears on a 9.5".

(Unless it was optioned with 18" wheels, in which case it'd be standard E46 M3 sizes.)

Edited by kinetik

Almost a bimmersport world record.

1,293 post views in one day

Almost a bimmersport world record.

1,293 post views in one day

Thank you. Thank you all very much. I'd like to thank the Academy, my parents and, most of all, my fellow Bimmersporters...

post-13057-1358364964.jpg

Wow...

What did the GT3 go for? I harbour desires for one, although it'd have to be older, I'd have to sell all the other cars and drive a 90s Honda to work ... and worse I don't think I could get a GT3 into my garage given the 60mm ground clearance.

Wow...

What did the GT3 go for? I harbour desires for one, although it'd have to be older, I'd have to sell all the other cars and drive a 90s Honda to work ... and worse I don't think I could get a GT3 into my garage given the 60mm ground clearance.

114K.