Sign in to follow this  
Aza13

BBS RS Wheel Fitment

Hey guys,

I've been looking at a set of BBS RS 17x8.5 all round with offset of +15 for my E30 325i.

I'm just wondering if these would fit as I'm a bit of a noob on wheels especially with offset :wacko: . Any help or ideas would be appreciated especially tyre size as well.

My car isnt lowered at the moment but I have a set of KYB shocks and Vogtland lowering springs to be installed.

Cheers.

I looked for those wheels for a while mate... When I found them, i was gutted I could not keep them, as the fitment was too aggressive for my E36.

Im not sure what it would look like on an E30.

good luck with your search.

thats more of a std 5 series fitment.i am sure the E30 boys will be along shortly

Ill only chime in because none else has, but short answer is Paul is correct, likely wont fit

width and offset is likely too much but may be okay if they were 15s or 16s running stretched tyres. people run 15x8.0 et0 sportmaxs with stretched tyres with no fitment issues (drivability issues a different story), with your proposed setup and the rim face would sit out another 10mm further and 35mm closer to the strut. even with a 15" rim thats going to be a tight fit if it fits at all, let alone 17s. youd have to have the ride height of a monster truck to do it, IF it even clears the strut.

7-7.5" wide is about the max width you can go on an E30 with 17" rims

Im not going to say they wil/wontl fit but itll be close...I'll check my clearances if you want? I've got 16x8/9 +7 on my E30...Needed to roll the guards a bit and they're a perfect fit, no rubbing on struts or anything it's barely a half inch difference offset and height wise compared to the 17's your suggesting.

Im not going to say they wil/wontl fit but itll be close...I'll check my clearances if you want? I've got 16x8/9 +7 on my E30...Needed to roll the guards a bit and they're a perfect fit, no rubbing on struts or anything it's barely a half inch difference offset and height wise compared to the 17's your suggesting.

Thanks guys for the feedback!

I was looking at 16's initially but was offered the 17's for a decent price so was considering them. I looked up the wheel size and got a couple of pictures and liked the look but wasnt sure of the offset that these would be:

post-2217-1358902819.jpg

post-2217-1358902876.jpg

Yea Lucan if you could please let me know your clearance that would be great and was that +7 all round? What suspension setup are you running at the moment as well?

Cheers.