Sign in to follow this  
cravin2012

I have a Blown HID Bulb...

My low beam HID has blown, I went to Repco, and they sell the Narva HID for $234.00 per bulb... Does anyone know any good places to obtain a pair?

Talk to your local auto electrician. Make sure you replace both as they will be different colours if you don't...

Talk to your local auto electrician. Make sure you replace both as they will be different colours if you don't...

how much different? at 200 odd each i wont be replacing mine as a pair,thankyou

They change colour as they age - so it depends how old it is. You'll notice that one side will be closer to the usual halogen (the older burner) and the new one will be further up the colour range and appear bluish. It isn't normally a safety issue, just aesthetic.

This is the cost of the technology and one of the reasons why they are an optional extra & not standard on most cars - the carmakers aren't willing to spend $500 per headlamp.

how much different? at 200 odd each i wont be replacing mine as a pair,thankyou

200 is cheap ... The OEM 5 series ones are 350 each ! :) They do last 10 years however.

Hi - I can do you a pair for $40 :)

See my trademe feedback if you're not confident.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings....?member=1754814

Cheers,

Andrew

Even though I just purchased a pair of Hella bulbs for my car, I'm keen to buy a set off you as well and compare each set... My wife drives a 2004 735iL, so in case her's blow at least we'll have a spare set...

I'm happy for you to just come try it out if you're in Auckland.

Even though I just purchased a pair of Hella bulbs for my car, I'm keen to buy a set off you as well and compare each set... My wife drives a 2004 735iL, so in case her's blow at least we'll have a spare set...