Sign in to follow this  
exige92

E39 right rear window regulator

Hi guys so as per title the regulator has broken the clip allowing the window down but not up IS ok I have pulled apart and got crimp on wire below so window is up and secure. I thinking is it possible to just buy the clip or should I just buy a new regulator complete? and either way who is best to get these off.(price and quality + good buggers)

Cheers guys

You will need a new or second hand regulator... I would go new. They are expensive as the regulator & motor is sold as a complete unit

how much are aftermarket versions?

about $175 no motor though

I already ordered an aftermarket no motor replacement. $98 +$16 post . I have heard some are a bit noisey in operation . I didn't fancy a second hand one as it seems a common issue. But at about 100 I thought it would at least let me rebuild the old one.

I already ordered an aftermarket no motor replacement. $98 +$16 post . I have heard some are a bit noisey in operation . I didn't fancy a second hand one as it seems a common issue. But at about 100 I thought it would at least let me rebuild the old one.

I had the same problem with the left rear one, it would wind down but not back up. I sourced a repair kit off ebay US$17 - and got the repair tutorial off youtube. It was just the sliding clamp thingy had bent where the cable slips in.

All fixed and working sweet for about NZ$37 all up - I'm no mechanic so anyone can do this, the door seal was fine too, just be careful when you pull the rubber door seal off, or get some butyl rope just in case it won't go back on