Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

wtb: low profile wheel studs?

not sure if they even exist, but as well all know, spacers have to be bolt on. i wont be getting cert for them, but at least if they are compliant.........

my 25mm spacers are fine, but my 15mm spacers are not thick enough to accomodate factory BMW wheel bolts. Can i buy lower profile head bolts, or is my only option to get another set of BMW ones and machine the top off?

I have a same problem aswell as the studs going in too far and binding on the handbrake assembley within the rear hub. Have you cut yours down? I'd say taking the tops off the bolts be your cheapest bet. I got a full set of studs to trim down. Havn't done it yet tho haha

yeah, im not sure if they are heat treated or anything like that which i should be aware of. Mr Makita will easily solve the problem, but is it safe? id rather find out here than at 100km/h

Cut em, I did and no issues, its just the head anyway. Just leave enough on so you can get a socket around it.

Cut em, I did and no issues, its just the head anyway. Just leave enough on so you can get a socket around it.

fantastic thanks mate :)

yeah, im not sure if they are heat treated or anything like that which i should be aware of. Mr Makita will easily solve the problem, but is it safe? id rather find out here than at 100km/h

I cut my head down so they sat nicely inside the hole for the wheel spacer and did not pretrude at all. I also cut the length down on the thread, I lathed the head and just hacksawed the thread..

I run mine on a drift car no problems, all I do is loctite them in to be sure.. Loctite is your friend on these cases.

Cheers