Sign in to follow this  
Tristan

E46 M3 or Z4 M Coupe

I'd have the Z partly on the basis that E46 M3s are possibly the most common of all the M cars in NZ. To hell with what anyone else thinks when you pull up to the lights, plus from my meagre investigations they appear to be a repackaged CSL anyway.

In all seriousness, who buys an M for practicality? It's all about the grin factor man.

Neither car really spin my wheels for looks, but I guess it depends on whether you're buying the car based on performance or styling.

In the meantime I'll stick with my (almost) bulletproof 325i :) Cheap, but still fun!

Personally I would recommend buying whatever car you want, you must know what you want, your left hand side testicle (union) will be talking to your heart (middle management) and relaying messages to the brain (CEO/CFO).

But if you have to ask what people think and actually give a f**k you may be better off with this, will get mean street cred bro, bitches love E30's and Rotors.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-551023249.htm

Personally I would recommend buying whatever car you want, you must know what you want, your left hand side testicle (union) will be talking to your heart (middle management) and relaying messages to the brain (CEO/CFO).

But if you have to ask what people think and actually give a f**k you may be better off with this, will get mean street cred bro, bitches love E30's and Rotors.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-551023249.htm

Uh huh... Right.

I really just wanted to hear people's opinions on each car (if you refer to the first post) and wanted to hear why they felt that way.

And to find out from people's experience which car they preferred if they'd driven both and learn the differences between them from that experience.

Edited by Tristan

Any closer to making a decision on which way to jump? Or is this purely an theoretical exercise?

Here's some eye candy!

post-6674-1367669154.png

post-6674-1367669169.png

post-6674-1367669194.png

post-6674-1367669205.png

post-6674-1367669233.png

post-6674-1367669256.png

post-6674-1367669267.png

post-6674-1367669278.png

post-6674-1367669290.png

post-6674-1367669388.png

post-6674-1367669677.jpg

Personally, I'd get a white one with that black roof. Never been a fan of the front of the Z4. The aggressive look to the side & rear end make up for it for me I guess. Still a cool car, be individual and instead of buying a beefed up run of the mill 3 series. Get the Z4-M! Life is short ;)

Top Gear rate the Z4-M better than a Porsche! (video below)

Edited by tobytoblerone

Uh huh... Right.

I really just wanted to hear people's opinions on each car (if you refer to the first post) and wanted to hear why they felt that way.

And to find out from people's experience which car they preferred if they'd driven both and learn the differences between them from that experience.

In that case buy the E46 M3, the Z is still to effeminate for my liking, I do think the interior is nicer and t is newer, but the E46 M3 is way cooler and has balls.

In saying that look at the Z3-M Coupe VS the E36 M3 for an idea of how the veiw point may chance over time, I think $$ of $$ I would take a Z3 M-Coupe/Roadster over a E36 M3.