Sign in to follow this  
byza213

been on trademe for ages!

anyone else notice how long this cars been on trade me?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-570581436.htm

... Not sure what your point is?

Are we debating whether the market is at a low point for E34 sedans, that people don't like the colour red (which I happen to think looks fantastic on these cars) or that you think there must be something sh*t about this one that the seller isn't telling us (though for $4K for a car that was once reserved for the rich and famous when new isn't bad, even with a few niggles)?

Nope, but I've seen this one on for a while:

535i e34

I think these are 2 great examples of how to not advertise a car for sale, the 4k has been on literally for years, crap photos (original ones were worse) crap interior and overpriced by about 100% in my view. The $4k spent on engine says it all. cost of repairs does not equal retail value.

The manual looks like a great car but for that mileage the seller should ( no disrespect intended) touch up those primer spots etc and get rid of those high profile 15" wheels (don't care if they are std) and add some close up shots of the interior. High mileage and immaculate is ok but who wants high miles and saggy bits?

To contrast, I'm tying to justify buying this for $1800 but the garage is full Visit My Website

... Not sure what your point is?

Are we debating whether the market is at a low point for E34 sedans, that people don't like the colour red (which I happen to think looks fantastic on these cars) or that you think there must be something sh*t about this one that the seller isn't telling us (though for $4K for a car that was once reserved for the rich and famous when new isn't bad, even with a few niggles)?

my point is does anyone else reckonise how long its been on trademe id say about 5 - 6 years on and off i remember still having my e34 mtech

thats what you call patience

I know both have been on for along so just assumed they cant be desperate or really wanting to sell them.

The 535i has kept going up in price from 5k, looked bad for a 5k let alone 8k

Probably because nobody wants an M20 powered E34 for 4,000+

I wonder how much in fees he's spent now.

Edited by antil33t

Is it the same seller? Perhaps this car is a lemon that changes hands so quickly each new seller uses the same TM pics and description. :lol:

Could be one of those irritating people who think they have something that's worth phat stacks when it really isn't.

The fact that for the last couple of years he has used the same 3 picture (two of which are terrible) he can't be to desperate to sell.