Sign in to follow this  
vanossa

WOF ?

Hi. 93' E36 325i Coupe (euro build/import), just recently failed the WOF for the dash indicator display being faulty. This was missed on previous WOFs and I have noticed it being faulty for about a year or so...? The external front and back indicator lights all work, but for the dash display on the left? Is this an 'easy fix' ? Anybody else had this before?...Thanks in advance.

do you mean they cant read the odometer???

replace the back light bulb fro a new one

I think the post refers to the turn signal indicator lamp in the dash - the one that blinks in synch with the turn signals which are working outside the car.

If so it is most likely just a bulb and you could possibly just swap one in from an unused location on the back of the cluster (you might have unused warning lights for options you car does not have). I found some of the right bulbs for my e34 instrument cluster at the local Ford Dealer.

If you mean the part where the amount of kms the car has done is displayed, usually the ribbon cable. Got it done on my E34 a few years back, was a reccomendation from someone on here so if you search you should find it. I think they do a "no repair, no fee" gaurentee on it

Need to get mine done too soon actually.

But you shouldnt fail a WOF on that though unless your car is diesel

I think the post refers to the turn signal indicator lamp in the dash - the one that blinks in synch with the turn signals which are working outside the car.

Yeah, sorry for the confusion. I do refer to the Turn Signal Indicator lamp on the dash.

Yeah, sorry for the confusion. I do refer to the Turn Signal Indicator lamp on the dash.

just replace the bulb in the dash

easy enough job

just replace the bulb in the dash

easy enough job

Cheers Brent and everyone.

Edited by vanossa

When you remove the cluster from the dash, there will be no need to remove the steering wheel.