Sign in to follow this  
pldubs

wtb 87 e30 drivers window reg

as above the only window i care about doesnt work

its not the switch so i need a working regulator.

anyone got one?

cheers

anyone got one?

cheers

we should have plenty

JK Southern Euro

04 3801089

anyone got one?

cheers

You sure its the regulator? have you tested the power at the motor or tried switching the motor from the passenger side?

You sure its the regulator? have you tested the power at the motor or tried switching the motor from the passenger side?

I honestly have no f**king idea. hahah

When I press the switch, the door clicks and thats about all im basing my assumption on.

Cheers JK, but ive just been and seen Willy at Europspares down here and hes gona sus me out.

I honestly have no f**king idea. hahah

When I press the switch, the door clicks and thats about all im basing my assumption on.

Cheers JK, but ive just been and seen Willy at Europspares down here and hes gona sus me out.

Dealt with this issue on a 4 door swap. The drivers door motors tend to get wet from rain getting in when the window is down. Changing the motor is a much simpler job that swapping out the whole regulator assembly. With the door panel off, you lie under the door and get the 2 downward facing bolts with a torx bit. some wriggling (of the motor) is required to get it back on/in. You can test the motor while out of the door if plugged in but be careful they are quite torquey and will take off across the floor....

Check the plug too, it can get in the wrong place and damaged by the mechanism. I think FL motors is different to PFL but fronts will swap with rears and watch the gasket that comes off between the motor and the housing.

Sometimes a good lube will get it going, as is the case with most things........

oh yeah there is a large black washer that sits on the shaft, keep track of it.

Edited by etwenty1

Went and got a replacement regulator + motor.. $80... ( Bit steep i thought ) aaaaannnddd it was f**ked aswel.

going to go get my money back tomorrow and get my friend to order me one through work

$60 for a brand new regulator.. Cheers Mercedes Benz North Shore.

Still yet to buy a torx bit But I spose ill need one so thats just another thing on the list.

Churr

Went and got a replacement regulator + motor.. $80... ( Bit steep i thought ) aaaaannnddd it was f**ked aswel.

going to go get my money back tomorrow and get my friend to order me one through work

$60 for a brand new regulator.. Cheers Mercedes Benz North Shore.

Still yet to buy a torx bit But I spose ill need one so thats just another thing on the list.

Churr

So have you sussed out if it is the motor or the regulator that is stuffed?

So have you sussed out if it is the motor or the regulator that is stuffed?

Going to find that out this afternoon. hahah