Sign in to follow this  
Sinfull

URGENT central locking re wire help

Hi guys,

I have brought a 1995 E36 328i auto. that had a major wiring meltdown due to the typical trunk wiring issue.

Because of this melt down i have spliced in a new loom from a 1995 325i.

I have already sold this car on but only once its all repaired so the pressure is on.

my issue is i have NO central locking what so ever and im not sure if its the ZKE module causing it or a wiring muck up on my behalf.

some things to note

the light in the sunroof switch is always on regardless of key position(flatens battery)

when i operate the drivers door lock with the key i can here a relay switch inside the zke module.

All my fuses are good.

after doing some testing i have found that i am not getting any voltage from pin 9 on connector X13252. going by the bently manual at this link http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/3-s...pdf-67601.html this is the lock signal wire.

the car interior is not fully reassembled yet eg interior lights not attached, passenger seat and rear seat still removed, glovebox removed

does anyone have any ideas for me or even be able to explain the operation of the locking system for me.

eg when you lock the car this voltage is sent here causing this and this to happen.

does the interior lioght work properly , on when door is open and off when closed???

the door switches wear out on these cars , so the int light stays on etc and teh door locking system wont work.

check for wear marks on the door switches , espeically the drivers door.

push the switch in manually and see if the lock system works