Sign in to follow this  
2dcvin

New to BMW's

G'day.

My names Beggz

Bought myself a used 318i a couple of days ago, never really owned a european car in my life as i always have been scared that it cost an arm and a leg to maintain it but i scored this for cheap so no harm done i guess

Been in Jap cars for a while so i have a bit of mechanical skills but next to none when it comes to BMW's. First time for everything i guess

Its a 2001 318i e46 Green i colour.

The current problems are with the cold start in the mornings (jerky when i drive it without warming it up for 5 mins)

The other problem is with the dash lights. 3 of the park light's appear on the dash clustor which is always on for some reason.

I am not sure if i should be looking for answers on here or to start a new thread. Please advise

Kinds Regards

Edited by BEGGZ

G'day.

My names Beggz

Bought myself a used 318i a couple of days ago, never really owned a european car in my life as i always have been scared that it cost an arm and a leg to maintain it but i scored this for cheap so no harm done i guess

Been in Jap cars for a while so i have a bit of mechanical skills but next to none when it comes to BMW's. First time for everything i guess

Its a 2001 318i e46 Green i colour.

The current problems are with the cold start in the mornings (jerky when i drive it without warming it up for 5 mins)

The other problem is with the dash lights. 3 of the park light's appear on the dash clustor which is always on for some reason.

I am not sure if i should be looking for answers on here or to start a new thread. Please advise

Kinds Regards

the three lights could be the service indicator lights?? post up a pic

the three lights could be the service indicator lights?? post up a pic

All the lights work fine though

Will post up a pic soon.

Thanks

My e46 counts down the km to the next service, doesnt have coloured blocks like my e36 and e39 had.

Could it be check control picking up on aftermarket lights or something? A picture of what you mean would help.