Sign in to follow this  
94 325

E36 325 Coupe tyres

I am looking at replacing my tyres on my 94 325 Coupe. It has Michelin Pilot HX MXM (225x50 ZR 16"). I have been told not to 'waste' money and replace with an equivalent Michelin, but to use Yokohama C-drive or V550 (expensive) or Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3...plus many more... What do you guys use/recommend? Quiet is important as well as preformace/handling and good wear. cheers

Haven't driven the others but I C-drives get my vote, best tires I've driven on. A few guys on here have Dunlop direzzas and are happy with them. Do a search, theres are quite a few threads on tires.

Falken azenis ST115's or better. Good grip wet and dry, and will start to let you know when they are starting to reach their limit by gently starting to progressively loose traction. Feel very nice to drive.

Formula R D01J

I'm pretty sure he asked for QUIET tyres. Those are noisier than my Yoko A048R.

Ask the boys at the dyno run how loud mine are.

Also Good wear rate. Not ones that wear out at a good rate. Don't get me wrong, I love my Yoko's!

Edited by cainchapman

Goodyear GSD 3. Quiet, soft ride (we have the same size tyres on a 730 V8), good grip and good looking. Don't know about wear yet, but they look OK so far.

Mine's 98 e36 323i Coupe, I bought mine off these people on Trademe...

Bridgestone ER30 (BMW's OEM tyre back in the days)

ER30 on Trademe

I was looking for mostly quietness, a bit of handling (won't slide all over the place)

My factory was 225/50/16, but these 205/55/16 is the same size as far as the speedo goes. Steering will be little bit lighter but the limit is more "feelable".

Hope this helps....

also can read reviews on "tirerack.com", it's US-based, but should give you some ideas as it got some extensive spec list and able to compare between tyres.

i have a e36 320i coupe and the goodyear eagle F1 are the bomb had them for 8 months and very even wear :)

Goodyear GS-D3

My parents just brought 2 of these (Goodyear Eagle F1's) in 265/35ZR18. I noticed the difference, they are quiter than Continental Contisports and they seem to give an all round good ride.

They look good too.

sorry to hijack the thread, but tyre d00d, what hard compound race tyres can you do in 225/50R15 for me? Manfeild killed my toyo proxy4 's hahaha :lol:

My understanding (that doesn't make it a fact) - is that directional tyres are noisier on the road than others. It certainly seems that way to me. With that in mind, if I wanted quieter tyres, that information (if correct) would inform my decision.

I also have Bridgestone E30s on my car and they are a good riding, quiet tyre, but I have no idea how they hold for fast cornering. It is my understanding that they are designed more as a touring/performance tyre than a straight performance tyre.

I must admit, I'm shallow - when I buy a new set of tyres - looks help to make the decision. I had a set of asymetric directional tyres on my first BMW and they just didn't look right... hopefully, you are less shallow than me... :P