Sign in to follow this  
///MPROVD

s50b30 singe Vanos leaking

hey guys my s50 vanos unit is leaking oil ive looked at a diy pages and is very well detailed http://www.beisansystems.com/procedures/eu...s_procedure.htm just before i get in over my head i wanted to know if anyone has done this before, was it difficult? and/or has anybody had it done by a workshop if so how much and where any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

hey guys my s50 vanos unit is leaking oil ive looked at a diy pages and is very well detailed http://www.beisansystems.com/procedures/eu...s_procedure.htm just before i get in over my head i wanted to know if anyone has done this before, was it difficult? and/or has anybody had it done by a workshop if so how much and where any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Pretty sure you're talking about an m50b25 unless its an american import...

Really quite simple just time consuming and potentially expensive if you dont know what you're doing (ie f**k the cam timing and smash all your intake valves).

I've replaced the entire vanos unit on some fellas m50b20, was 600 all up including parts.

If i were you i'd import the correct seals for your m50/s50, give them and your car to us and have your vanos unit re-ringed while the leak is fixed.

Come visit Wittz Auto, 78 Rawhiti Road, One Tree Hill, if you want to know more.

Pretty sure you're talking about an m50b25 unless its an american import...

Really quite simple just time consuming and potentially expensive if you dont know what you're doing (ie f**k the cam timing and smash all your intake valves).

I've replaced the entire vanos unit on some fellas m50b20, was 600 all up including parts.

If i were you i'd import the correct seals for your m50/s50, give them and your car to us and have your vanos unit re-ringed while the leak is fixed.

Come visit Wittz Auto, 78 Rawhiti Road, One Tree Hill, if you want to know more.

it is a m3 engine s50 not s52(us)

PM Greg on here...hes just done his s50...& hes a beemer tech

it is a m3 engine s50 not s52(us)

Just noticed your thread before. Sounds like a bundle of fun.

Just noticed your thread before. Sounds like a bundle of fun.

haha yes it will be depending on the price ill do it myself maybe i could just get somebody to check my work haha to see that i dont the change timing