Sign in to follow this  
Freddie

H&R springs

Hi guys i'm keen to put a set of H&R springs onto my E90. just wondering how many mil's does it drop and is H&R a good brand to go with or Tein?

Thanks

Drop depends on what suspension you have already. Sport or standard? dropping on springs only will give a harsh ride, bearable but harsh, also will cause your shocks to fail prematurely.

If you use OEM shocks, the most I'd drop it on is H&R sport

Some one please remove thie quoted reply it is inaccurate and rubbish particularly the bit about premature failure

Oh rubbish you say? Sure thing. Care to elaborate?

Using a stiffer spring on a shock not rated for it will put extra unnecessary forces on the shock. By prematurely I mean the shock will fail much earlier than you would expect if completely OEM. Is that not correct?

Before you chime in on something you obviously lack understanding in do some homework. I own an e92, I have done my homework on the results of drop using H&R spring on stock shocks. Not once has anyone ever said the ride is not harsher than OEM, and of those who have dropped most I have come across do go on to change out to aftermarket struts and many have stated the shocks feeling very floaty after 30-40kms. The usually preferred pairing is H&R springs with Koni yellows or Koni FSDs.

So again care to elaborate on which part is rubbish?

Edited by Escay

have a set of koni shocks off my mate already, so just wondering what springs to go with. =)

have a set of koni shocks off my mate already, so just wondering what springs to go with. =)

Koni yellows?

The two main choices are eibach and H&R. Most seem to favour the H&R

The sport drop is quite nice, gets you low without being to much of a pain getting around and less firm ride. The race will get you down quite low with a slightly firmer ride. If it were me, the sport drop would be enough. But google some pics or head over to e90post for photos to help you decide, there are a tonne of people running the setups your considering.

Edited by Escay

Koni yellows?

The two main choices are eibach and H&R. Most seem to favour the H&R

The sport drop is quite nice, gets you low without being to much of a pain getting around and less firm ride. The race will get you down quite low with a slightly firmer ride. If it were me, the sport drop would be enough. But google some pics or head over to e90post for photos to help you decide, there are a tonne of people running the setups your considering.

Ya koni yellows, my mate got his but never had the chance to put it onto his ride and sold it for a benz, so i just got lucky and for a fraction of the price.

Thanks for your help anyways tho...=)