Sign in to follow this  
a13antichrist

Someone in Auckland who could check out a vehicle?

Hi,

I'm down in Wgtn so I'm hoping someone who likes looking at E36s could pop over to take a look at this specimen. The price seems far too good to be true so a critical eye would be a big help.

Here' s the link: http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction...5058&permanent=

Thanks a bunch :)

And in a couple of days I should have the pics showing why I'm now looking again.. :(

There will be a catch. I got a bit of time tomoro so i might not mind doing it. PM me details and ill go have a look. (tuesday only)

BTW - New brakes and rotors could mean it was just imported. This is because you need a certificate for them, and imported cars never do so brakes and rotors always get replaced. In conclusion, its prob fresh off a boat.. Im not digging the lights tho.

Yeah I'm not a big fan of those Altezza lights but for the price this is going for I reckon I could get over it. I've asked the guy for some contact details, I'll PM you as soon as I have them.

Moose - as of Sunday evening it doesn't look so fine anymore... :(

In conclusion, its prob fresh off a boat.

A new plate combined with 6 months of wof and tax also indicates its just arrived from somewhere.

Heya.. sorry about the delay, I'm dependant on the seller answering the question..

I've got the details now, I'll drop you a PM with the info. Hope it's not too late. :)

OK here's the goss:

He's had the car here for about 6 months, apparently he brought it over from Japan himself The brakes & rotors were done at that time. He says he had it for the 60k & 75k services, though apparently he works at some mechanic and so he did the services himself. Changed the fule & oil filters, & spark plugs, but the cam belt is still the original. VANOS unit hasn't been a problem yet, apparently.

I did ask him if he'd be happy to take it into a different mechanic & let them do a full check & he said he wouldn't have a problem with that.