Sign in to follow this  
OP6

What is this worth? 1996 M3

I am looking at a facelift 1996 NZ new M3, done approx 80,000kms, full history and owned by a pretty fastidious owner for the last 5 or 6 years. All original, with the throwing star style wheels. Only 3 owners, discounting dealers.

What I need from you guys is an opinion on what would be a fair and reasonable offer to make on this car. Just to make a little more interesting it is a 4 door in Hell red.

What ya reckon?

Cheers

Edited by OP6

more info and pics needed

Cannot do pics, but I have seen the car - 5 months ago, but it has only been moved once since then for a WOF.

I do know the tech at Jeff Gray who has done any work and servicing needed over the last 5 years (not the WOFs)

When I last saw the car it was pretty near new looking, seats almost unmarked etc.

My feeling was that it is worth between 17 and 23k depending on who was looking. 17k is the price I have seen as the asking price on TM for a couple of M3's with twice the mileage - i know that does not reflect the actual sell price.

23k is absolute top dollar for a buyer who MUST have the car.

The owner died recently and the car is being sold/offered by his brother who owns an Alpina E36 so he has an idea in his head as to what he thinks the car is worth.

I shall probably offer $19k, but will wait a day or two for any further opinions from forum members.

Cheers for all the replies