Sign in to follow this  
a13antichrist

Oh the humanity.....

I really did feel like crying....

Though, I might try ringing BMW & see if they wanna use some of this as publicity material. Taking out two concrete telegraph poles & driver walking away with noting more than a bruise on the arm is something to be proud of.

Still, was surprised at the actual damage - I thought it'd be a lot worse. Hasn't even gone as far back as the engine.

post-2-1125380997.jpg

dude your sh*t is ruined!!

Guest Andrew

how on earth did you hit the middle of a pole.

Driving school early next year would be a good bet.

bad luck dude. atleast your pretty much ok.

Andy, it is surprisingly normal for people to hit directly the middle of what they are trying to avoid. They realise they are going to hit a tree or whatever and stare straight at it. You should look at where you want to go, not where you don't want to hit.

YEah I hear what you're saying but the closed eyelids sort of made it hard to stare at either one or the other... ;)

Next one's going to be either exactly the same, or slightly newer.. or maybe this:

Posted Image

Anyone know how much the M aero skirts cost?

Guest Andrew

bad luck dude. atleast your pretty much ok.

Andy, it is surprisingly normal for people to hit directly the middle of what they are trying to avoid. They realise they are going to hit a tree or whatever and stare straight at it. You should look at where you want to go, not where you don't want to hit.

umm yep.

Dam. So you fell asleep? Do you have that disorder where you just nod off in the middle of stuff?

Bet you woke up in a hurry. At least its a symetrical crash.

And e30s are rated higher in crash tests? (Thats probably the ones without rust though)

I was overseas until last Sunday morning, car was being looked after by a friend & driven from time to time to keep it happy. Picked it up on Sunday afternoon & that was Sunday evening.

19 the engine looks mostly okay - the fan is all chewed up & one of the belts & its housing is a little crushed but it doens't look TOO serious. Of course the rear axle is twisted from where the tow company unsparingly dragged it onto the flatbed & there are chunks taken out of the right-hand-side wheels & tires (you can just make it out in the 2nd pic above). Alarm & immoboliser still work great though..

Edited by a13antichrist