Sign in to follow this  
Shyam_e30

E30 alarm and audio

Hey guys I just bought an e30 325i cabby. I have an issue with the locking, on the driver side it is hard to lock and when it does lock it doesn't lock the passenger side door. I heard that if I get an alarm system put in this will fix it so I was wondering if you guys had similar problems. I also did some research into getting a transponder key if I wanted to get this will it fix the issue?

On a side topic I wanted to get a good audio package for my e30 and installed by professionals is there anyone in Auckland who do the alarms/locking issue and the audio?

Cheers for the help :)

I have an e30 coupe. The drivers door works all the door locks but sometimes doesn't unlock the passenger door. As it works sometimes I know the motor in the passenger door functions - but it sticks.

If you door motor is not working getting an alarm installed won't fix the problem. Unless they replace the lock motors at extra cost. The transponder key won't help with this either - it usually just signals to a module placed behind the ignition. Once the transponder is recognised the immobiliser is switched off and the car can be started.

Probably best off getting someone to look at your locking system first.

Car audio - what did you have in mind? The e30 has 5.25 inch speakers in the footwell and these are easily replaced for immediate results. Add a 10 inch sub in the boot (behind the ski pass if you have an arm rest in the centre of the back seat) for bass.

Go to Hope Hickman Auto Electrical on Union Street, they are one of (if not) the best and reasonably priced. They also install alarms properly and not half-arsed jobs like many of those that offer installations with budget alarms.