Sign in to follow this  
halkelorno

BMW User Manual

Hi to all, I have recently bought ( from Japan ) a 2010 120I M series hatchback, only done 23000kms,so yes it is quite pristine in Alpine white( no photos as yet) My problem is info on the car controls and accessable codes.

I have searched pretty extensively a copy or download of a User Manual( Not a service manual) and to date a 120 I manual is nowhere. I did download a 2009 and 2010 user manual from USA which had some data however as the USA do not have a 120i in their available imports ,they only sell 128 and 130 plus some more exotic in their I series. I cant find anything to date in UK except a Service Manual for ! series up to 2006. Out of interest I rang BMW NZ, no luck, then tried Team McMillan BMW who said that they could order one for me for $80............ I found that a bit exorbitant.

I doubt that I am the only member with this query,Appreciate all help.

$80.00 for a owners hand book if that is was you are meaning from a dealer not bad. The one for my 2002 ti was $76.00 odd and it is still on a shelf in Germany. Who have you tried in the UK or even Germany should be a second hand one some were.

Hi

I was selling user manuals on CD for most BMW models back in 2008/9 on Trademe until they shut me down for copyright issues ... lol At the time I did it as a service rather than to make money.

I have a copy of the e87 1 series that covers i116, i118, i120, 118d, 120d. It was a manually scanned copy which you can tell from the quality of the inside of the pages (touch blury but readable). It is in LHD but still applicable here. Also has the radio manual too/

Price would be $15 incl courier. PM me if of interest

Cheers

Ron

If the car is a Jap import from 2010 there will be quite a few differences to any English language handbook - there is a seperate "Japanese" edition of vehicle, plus if the handbook is from 2008/9 there is a facelift in-between which will also have a number of changes, so not sure how much use that would be.

There was a guy on TradeMe that had translated the Japanese manuals over into English for a number of imported vehicles, maybe try and have a look for him...

Try to work out what you can in the car, most stuff is quite intuitive, anything you are not sure about go back to the guy that sold you the car and get him to show you.

What exactly were you wanting to find out from the manual? Did you have a function/feature that you weren't too sure?