Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

Thirsty M70

I have had a suspicion my M70 is running a bit rich, I'm not really sure, but id like to have a tinker anyways. Of course its a 5L V12 from the 80s its never going to be a Prius.

Im looking for a spec sheet so i can test the MAFs on my M70, cant seem to find one online. I was just going to buy some remfd ones and call it a day, but at $560each X2 + Shipping, Id rather be sure first. New are NLA

What I can see is that M70 uses a specific 6pin MAF which my car has two of, but unfortunately there are not used on other BMWs etc. so no options there.

Live data reporting doesn't seem to be supported on this DME, or maybe its just my scanner, but in any case want to do it the manual way with a multi meter.

BMW sell remanufactured MAFs as said above, anyone know who in New Zealand can do this for me, or can any of you? dont mind shipping to Auckland or what ever.

Thanks team

Andy

simlier maf to a e36 320i or 34 520i non vanos type.

the get the ecu's remapped

get it on gavins dyno and see what he says??

simlier maf to a e36 320i or 34 520i non vanos type.

the get the ecu's remapped

get it on gavins dyno and see what he says??

yep i think they have 4 pins though not the 6 pin M70 type.

yep will get it remapped at some stage got a few things i want to do first though

not sure what you expect to get from V12 , but the ones i have driven around 16-20L per 100km is quite normal .

maybe on long trip with constant speed down to 12-14l per 100km

not sure what you expect to get from V12 , but the ones i have driven around 16-20L per 100km is quite normal .

maybe on long trip with constant speed down to 12-14l per 100km

That is what im getting, I dont mind that. into the 10s when i had took my great grandma to coromandle haha.

Just smells a bit like its running rich and about half the time can be visible but not heavy fumes, even when well and truly warmed up. This is at idle, no idea what it does when im moving

Maybe I'm just worrying over nothing.

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

i think they are a fairly basic control system, probably cant read too much by plugging it in to a computer.

only thing to bear in mind is i believe they have two seperate 6 cyl ecus and a third comp to join the two, so an error on one side can give weird sypmtoms.

also being a v12 a poor cylinder can be very hard to spot. i believe the lead sets cost over $1100 retail but are also a common issue.

i dont think my 750i had that poor performance even in a heavy chassis. made a massive difference removing the cats but i trust you have already done that.

best to check with a wideband o2 probe. poor mix at idle from say a leaky intake gasket can jump out with a probe.