Sign in to follow this  
m325i

Spoiler question

Are Mtech spoilers glued or attached with anything other than bolts?

I want to take mine off, but dont want to take huge chunks of paint with it.

Chur

the mtech 1 i had had double sided tape underneath.....it all came off fine and boot was sweet. if the worst comes to worst and you cant get the sh*t off, just whack the spoiler back on

going for the de spoiler drift yo look or putting something else on?

generally just bolted down, my one had rubber washers between the screws which left a few marks but could come off pretty easily. Although I've seen some that have had 3m strips used with them.

the mtech 1 i had had double sided tape underneath.....it all came off fine and boot was sweet. if the worst comes to worst and you cant get the sh*t off, just whack the spoiler back on

going for the de spoiler drift yo look or putting something else on?

Sweet.

Despoiler for life yo.

just gonna see what it looks like. May look p.h. fat with a kit and no spoiler. if it doesnt then it will seem cooler when i put it back on.

ill post pics when i do it

How big are they? Previously de-spoilering exploits i have used upholstery plugs fom repco. Maybe silver duct tape?

Silver duct tape = oh so drift style

Guest Andrew

How big are they? Previously de-spoilering exploits i have used upholstery plugs fom repco. Maybe silver duct tape?

Silver duct tape = oh so drift style

dia = 10mm ish.

there was a thread on here a while (ages) ago with lots of photos of E30's, there was a blue one with MTech 2 style front spoiler and rear apron no side skirts and no boot spoiler ... was the hottest E30 ive ever seen.

(also had blacked out grill)

i think it was posted by Gus ... but i cant be sure my memory is arse and it was a long time ago

I like the look.

Quiet a few holes to cover, the black tape, (all i had), looks rude.

But the nightmare was when i took it off for the fist time in along time i bet. There's hard out rust/bubbled paint and heaps of black dirt sh*t. It has been bogged before i can see, but its too ranging to leave uncovered, (no spoiler).

So ill either get it fixed or get new boot, (anyone seen an e30 boot this colour?), or more likely put spoiler back on.

post-8-1125988168.jpg

the mtech 1 spoiler so small anyway it hardly counts...leave it on. i keep swapping between my mtech 2 and mtech1 because i cant decide......although the mtech 1 has been on for a while now

I love my E36 spoiler mount.

They just clamp to the outside edge of the boot and adhesive on the middle leg. No marks or holes.

Just a little rubbing alcohol and it came up mint.

Looks more gangster without, by that I mean 'Corolla DX on chromes yo'

with, looks more BMW.

Upto you, I don't mind unless your planning on selling the mtech1 to me - In which case I say keep it off :lol:

if you had a boot the same colour with no rust id consider a swap.

Its already back on.